Ok so I had quickpull on my phone to not have to do a battery pull. So yesterday I go to quickpull I choose restart now and it just went to a whit screen with nothing. So I press back and it goes back to the menu I tried many more times with no luck. I do a battery pull and still the same thing happens, so I delete it and now there's a app on my homescreen called bootfreestub and I click on it nothing happens and I go to applications and try to delete it but its not there? What is this and how do I get rid of it? Any help will be appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 01:30 PM
    Several folks have had this issue...enter "boot free stub" in the forum search. A couple posts in there explain it much better than I can. Good luck.
    01-26-09 01:46 PM
    Thanks I'll check it out

Also what's another alternative to quickpull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 03:34 PM
    alt - right shift - delete is a reboot I am not sure how this equates to quickpull.

I use QP also but I dont want any issues like your having so I am re-thinking it now... good luck
    01-26-09 03:39 PM
    alt - right shift - delete is a reboot I am not sure how this equates to quickpull.

I use QP also but I dont want any issues like your having so I am re-thinking it now... good luck
    I've never used QuickPull, but Alt-RShift-Del has always solved any issue I've had.
    01-26-09 03:51 PM
    A double alt + shift + del is equal to a QuickPull reset, which is as close to a battery pull as you'll get:How do I reset my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

The QP/BFS problem seems to arise from not following through with a quickpull by rebooting. If you select reboot later or forget and set your BB down and come back later, you messed up QP. I don't know how this happens, but that's the sequence, since I just tested in and had to do this to reset QP:

Look for a BootFreeStub icon on your home screen, or go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Menu > Modules and look for BootFreeStub. Highlight it then hit Menu > Delete. Ignore the warning about BFS being in use. Reboot your BB when prompted.

Note that in some instances (like right now), you have to delete QP first then BFS, then battery pull to get things back to normal.

Then download and install QP again.
    01-26-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD