new blackberry owner (***** LOL) - trying to have my SMS text folder be the one that shows up immediately when I've seleced the 'message' app. right now, its my email folder.

im sure its simple but i can't find the right option and i hate hitting alt S to switch to the SMS folder.

thanks
    07-28-08 06:58 PM
    you can seperate the SMS/MMS from the messages folder by going into messages > menu > options > general > SMS and Email Inboxes > seperate
    07-28-08 07:01 PM
    yeah....thats what ive done...now i have apps for "messages" -- email addy" and "SMS and MMS"

messages opens up with my emails..."email addy" opens up with my emails and "SMS and MMS" is a combination of both

id like "messages" to open with just my SMS txt messages

thanks again
    07-28-08 07:17 PM
    When you separate them, it creates a new icon called SMS & MMS. Messages will continue to open Email, the new icon will open up SMS.
    02-11-09 10:20 PM
    Yeah I love mine being seperated, a lot nicer.
    02-11-09 10:27 PM
    If you're asking if you can separate SMS and MMS messages, I don't think you can. Those will show up in the same folder together. You can only separate those from emails.

Just don't send any MMS messages
    02-11-09 10:31 PM
    yeah....thats what ive done...now i have apps for "messages" -- email addy" and "SMS and MMS"

messages opens up with my emails..."email addy" opens up with my emails and "SMS and MMS" is a combination of both

id like "messages" to open with just my SMS txt messages

thanks again
    I don't believe that there is any way to do this. I think you're just going to have to use the SMS and MMS section. Sorry! What I did was make sure that the SMS and MMS icon and the E-Mail icon were always up on my home screen, and then I just moved the messages icon to a section of the main application screen where it wouldn't be in my way. Once you seperate them, you really don't have much need for the Messages icon. But I don't think you can just make your Messages folder (icon whatever) just show SMS and MMS.
    02-12-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD