I already know where to get AIM for the BB or what not, but my question is...

How good is the AIM that is already built in the BB (BB Curve 8320)? I will be receiving my BB Curve 8320 soon and I need to know how good it is before I go and purchase Jive talk. I've heard that's the best one out!

Thanks to the ones who answers my question!
    02-08-08 02:38 PM
    Best thing to do is to try them both out. Your 8320 should come pre-loaded with the IM apps. You can also download a free 30 day trial of JiveTalk. JT is better, but it does cost money. I'm trying to decide if I really want to spend the money for it myself.
    02-08-08 03:12 PM
    Ok but I need to know is the AIM on the BB good? I will test both out, but just for the hand of time I just want to know before I download anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 03:22 PM
    the aim that is already in the blackberry is good but if u like to switch from aol,msn or yahoo back and forth then it won't be good for you because the one that comes with the bberry doesn't allow that
    02-08-08 04:07 PM
    One of the nice benefits of JiveTalk is its all-in-one. You can log in and monitor all IM networks from the same application. Where as with the BB IM applications, they are all each a separate application. You would have to switch back and forth between the two to see who is online and to talk.
    02-08-08 04:22 PM
    jivetalk is well worth the money imo i couldnt survive without my jt hahaha
    02-08-08 05:33 PM
    So I guess the AIM that BB comes with is all I need because all I use is AIM. No need to switch back and forth.

Thanks!

02-08-08 05:55 PM
    I installed the RIM version of AIM and it's fine for me. What I suggest you do is setup your "mobile" buddy list after you have signed on, because you are limited to 30 people on it. Kind of a bummer as I have 142 people on my buddy list. It' not to say that people not on your mobole list can't I'm you though.

If anybody needs the RIM files PM me. Free is always the best.

02-09-08 10:47 AM
    I already know where to get AIM for the BB or what not, but my question is...

How good is the AIM that is already built in the BB (BB Curve 8320)? I will be receiving my BB Curve 8320 soon and I need to know how good it is before I go and purchase Jive talk. I've heard that's the best one out!

Thanks to the ones who answers my question!
    I using BB 8310 with JT is awesome and had no problem with connect. Its nice smooth application.
    02-09-08 01:27 PM
    I use the bulit in aim and it works fine. All my im apps are next to each other so no big deal switching. I haven't used the jive talk app and do not plan on it.
    02-09-08 01:39 PM
    I lost my built in aim accidently deleted it please help!!!!!!!!!

03-01-08 01:31 PM
    yeah the only thing that sucks about he AIM program on the bb is that you can only have 30 buddies on your list.
    03-16-08 08:43 AM
    It's really quick and responsive, like a Sidekick ... but is capped at 30 people, as has been said. You'd think they'd release better IM clients for the BB, pre-loaded one of these days ... especially with consumer-oriented versions of the devices like the Curve and the Pearl.
    03-16-08 04:47 PM
    All I use is AIM myself...but suggest trying out the Jivetalk trial. I've purchased it w/ a $5 discount and its well worth it. Its quick, unlimited buddies that are ported from your existed list automatically and overall better interface then the rest. Next best thing to the sidekick version....
    03-16-08 05:01 PM
    I don't use either there is a free aim program called ramble I'm. Check it on google. Some people make it seem like u need jivetalk and you don't. I won't pay for that program plus jive talk keeps a rec of ur login and pw that it uses to not let u login ur aim after trial. I would be concerned there try the ramble I'm has all my buddies showing

03-16-08 05:03 PM
    I installed the RIM version of AIM and it's fine for me. What I suggest you do is setup your "mobile" buddy list after you have signed on, because you are limited to 30 people on it. Kind of a bummer as I have 142 people on my buddy list. It' not to say that people not on your mobole list can't I'm you though.
    how do i set up a "mobile" people list??? i dont care about only having 30 on my phone, i just dont want to delete anyone from my buddy list for use on my ichat!!!
    03-17-08 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD