I've been reading a lot about scheduling a quick pull during the middle of the night. Three questions:

1. What is a quick pull?

2. Why should I do a quick pull?

3. How do I set it up?

Thanks in advance for your help! I've only been here a little while, but you are all VERY helpful!!
    Last edited by diglick; 08-21-09 at 11:09 AM.
    08-21-09 11:03 AM
    [QUOTE=diglick;3396367]I've been reading a lot about scheduling a quick pull during the middle of the night. Three questions:

1. What is a quick pull?-

2. Why should I do a quick pull?

3. How do I set it up?

Thanks in advance for your help! I've only been here a little while, but you are all VERY helpful!![/QUOTE]

It's a free app that does a soft reset of your device. When you open, you have the option to do the reset immediately or you can schedule it for a certain time. This one is free in the app store but there's also a quickppull pro that's available for purchase. I use this one. Gives more file free space because it's resetting and closing everything that as open or stuck. Great app, you should try it and if it's not for you, delete

Check your file free memory before you use it and then check afterwards, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    08-21-09 11:36 AM
    One more benefit of quickpull pro is that you can configure the app to monitor your amount of file free memory.

I have mine set to prompt me if I fall below 30 mb and ask if I want to reboot now.

Every few days I get the messasge and do a reboot. Phone is unavailable for a minute or 2. It's a very small footprint on the app and runs a monmitoring software seamlessly.

Another benefit... I have a difficult time getting the "alt-shift-delete" keyboard reboot prompt to work (I don't know why, but this NEVER works 'til the 18th try). AND I have a seidio case. So... Doing an actal battery pull is a pain in the neck and would prematurely age my case taking it apart so often (and wear out the flimsy battery door). Using quickpull puts less stress on the case and the door.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 11:45 AM
    It's a great application - easier then pulling out the battery, however that may be necessary rather than just using QuickPull. I am using the free version and it works great; it is simple to use.
    08-21-09 11:47 AM
    Great, thanks! I'll go download it now.
    08-21-09 11:53 AM
    I'm in agreement with everyone here. QuickPull is a pretty decent app that generally helps the phone perform better on a regular basis.
    08-21-09 02:17 PM
    So from the explanations here, it seems a daily reboot is almost required for a Blackberry to run efficiently?

And it looks to me that the pro version is more like a real battery pull than the free one, since it also closes all open applications?

I have been pretty trouble free since installing .169 on mine, but I do get 1 random reboot right after I power it back on in the morning, the I am fine all day. I guess it's almost like a built in quick pull.
    08-21-09 02:50 PM
    I generally go a few days in between running QuickPull. The last one I did freed up 6 MB of space. O.o
    08-21-09 03:29 PM
    I wouldn't say "daily," but that may depend on what you do with your device. I'd treat the BB like a computer, and in that case, if you use your device heavily, have lots of apps running frequently, or open and close a lot of apps during an average day, then QuickPull or a real battery pull is probably something you should do regularly, like once every day or two.
    08-21-09 04:15 PM
    So from the explanations here, it seems a daily reboot is almost required for a Blackberry to run efficiently?
    Absolutely false. I have had the 8900 for almost two months and have yet to
    reset it in any kind of way. It works just fine.
    08-21-09 04:48 PM
    I wouldn't say "daily," but that may depend on what you do with your device. I'd treat the BB like a computer, and in that case, if you use your device heavily, have lots of apps running frequently, or open and close a lot of apps during an average day, then QuickPull or a real battery pull is probably something you should do regularly, like once every day or two.
    Yup, this exactly. Treat a BlackBerry like a small PC, because honestly that's what it is. Would you leave a PC on for weeks at a time?
    08-21-09 05:24 PM
    I agree with this assessment with my curve. I use it non-stop from when I am up until the end of the night. I could probably go 2-3 days but no more than that. I don't like when it gets slow and the file free memory drops too much
    08-21-09 06:33 PM
    erm...alt-cntrl-enter?
    08-21-09 09:16 PM
    It's a great application - easier then pulling out the battery, however that may be necessary rather than just using QuickPull. I am using the free version and it works great; it is simple to use.
    quick pull lite doesnt work on my 8830 when its in standby mode...very annoying...
    08-21-09 09:34 PM
    Yup, this exactly. Treat a BlackBerry like a small PC, because honestly that's what it is. Would you leave a PC on for weeks at a time?
    i have a dell dimension 3100 series E310...its running windows xp and its just fine...

it stays on 24/7/365 with the exception of power outages...

have had no problems with it at all, whatsoever.. comparing a blackberry to a PC is ridiculous....
    08-21-09 09:36 PM
    ne1 having an issue where u get to the reset now or later screen n it automatically resets without u clicking it?
    08-21-09 09:38 PM
    ne1 having an issue where u get to the reset now or later screen n it automatically resets without u clicking it?
    That's normal...does it to me as well.
    08-21-09 09:40 PM
    That's just giving you the opportunity to NOT pull. It gives you about 5 seconds. If you don't select "reset later" then it goes ahead with the reset.
    08-21-09 09:53 PM
    Is there a reason everyone needs and app for this when you can just press ALT + Right Shift + DEL and do the same thing??
    08-22-09 03:29 AM
    Is there a reason everyone needs and app for this when you can just press ALT + Right Shift + DEL and do the same thing??
    I never have used this app, I just do the ALT+Shift+DEL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 03:59 AM
    i have a dell dimension 3100 series E310...its running windows xp and its just fine...

it stays on 24/7/365 with the exception of power outages...

have had no problems with it at all, whatsoever.. comparing a blackberry to a PC is ridiculous....

power outages and the multiple windows updates that require restarts.

I really do not see how comparing a pc and a blackberry is ridiculous. A bb is basically a hand held micro computer.
    08-22-09 08:46 AM
    power outages and the multiple windows updates that require restarts.

I really do not see how comparing a pc and a blackberry is ridiculous. A bb is basically a hand held micro computer.
    multiple updates??? i dunno what planet you're from but i turn auto updates off...

hand held micro computer? haha...dont see the option to tile windows on this device....you could do that with a freakin macintosh performa with 8 megs of ram....
    08-22-09 10:24 AM
    multiple updates??? i dunno what planet you're from but i turn auto updates off...

hand held micro computer? haha...dont see the option to tile windows on this device....you could do that with a freakin macintosh performa with 8 megs of ram....
    Dude, if you want to walk around in some kind of anal fog, feel free. It's not that big a deal, but a BlackBerry IS a mini computer in most respects. If the mere thought so greatly offends you, go seek therapy and leave this thread alone, since whether or not a BB equals a PC is hardly the point.
    08-22-09 01:07 PM
    thank you dr. phil!
    08-22-09 01:31 PM
    You're welcome. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go print up a fresh copy of my fake doctor's degree...
    08-22-09 01:37 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD