I archive my emails on gmail, and delete the ones I don't care to keep. And my question is, once I move the archived emails to their folders/labels, can I delete the emails from my BB without deleting them from Gmail?

I did try to search the Crackberry forums for this subject, but I wasn't able to find the answer. Thanks guys.
    02-09-09 11:59 AM
    I archive my emails on gmail, and delete the ones I don't care to keep. And my question is, once I move the archived emails to their folders/labels, can I delete the emails from my BB without deleting them from Gmail?

I did try to search the Crackberry forums for this subject, but I wasn't able to find the answer. Thanks guys.
    You should have a choice to delete the message from the "handheld only".
    02-09-09 12:00 PM
    You should have a choice to delete the message from the "handheld only".
    well, the first question is... do you have gmail set up as a push email on your BB or did you download the gmail app....

if it's push....
    go to the gmail icon and then
    options > Email Reconciliation > Delete On: here you can choose it to prompt you, or have it default to just delete from handheld...

personally, i leave it to prompt...i can just delete things from handheld and server if i have no desire to read or respond....if i just want to save til later, i just delete on my handheld.....
    02-09-09 12:17 PM
    I have set up my Gmail as an IMAP, so I am not sure if that means it is pushed?

I did read somewhere about the Gmail app that I can use. Is this the same as the IMAP that I have set up?

Sorry for the noobish questions guys, still trying to get the hang of it.
    02-09-09 12:30 PM
    No, IMAP is not pushed. One way for you to check is to send yourself a "test" email. This way you'll know for sure.
    02-09-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD