I recently bought my wife a BB Curve and she is running .77. I cannot locate a new Os for this Curve. Unfortunately, I am a newby as far as the Curve. I never personally owned one, I went from a Pearl to a Storm. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.
    04-17-09 10:53 PM
    The sticky thread at the top of this forum tells where to find the latest OS for the 8330 and how to install it.
    04-17-09 10:56 PM
    I'd stick with what you got. From what I've read, there's no benefit with upgrading from .77
    04-17-09 10:59 PM
    Actually, there is. But I would stay with .77 till you become more familiar with the BB before trying to do an upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 11:03 PM
    What's the benefit to upgrading if you don't mind me asking
    Actually, there is. But I would stay with .77 till you become more familiar with the BB before trying to do an upgrade.

04-17-09 11:51 PM
    More file free memory available, faster OS that's less laggy. Very stable.

And no speaker blast when receiving calls.

04-17-09 11:55 PM
    I Just upgraded and will probably go back to .77. There's a very annoying lag with backlight.

04-18-09 01:53 PM
    I Just upgraded and will probably go back to .77. There's a very annoying lag with backlight.

That's a known issue that is easily remedied by pressing the Enter key or the Space Bar instead of clicking the Trackball to wake up your BB.
    04-18-09 02:04 PM
    They have really changed the OS since I had my Pearl. Also would like to know how to change the email and SMS/MMS notification alerts. I can change them easily on my Storm but not on the Curve
    04-19-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD