I have a Blackberry curve for work e-mail. I put my personal (hotmail) e-mail on my blackberry as well.

ALL of my e-mails (both hotmail & work) are defaulting to "Messages" (as well as texts, missed calls). There's a seperate "[email protected]" icon that has JUST my personal e-mail address.

Is there anyway for my work e-mails to have a seperate icon, and be sorted from all the texts/personal e-mails.

Sorry this is a confusing post...

I just want my work e-mails completely seperate from everything else.
    09-07-08 06:48 PM
    You will get emails to the message folder by default.. but you will also have separate icons for each email address. Is you work email setup thru BIS site.....

Is the icon hidden?
    09-07-08 07:00 PM
    i have "show all" icons... but i only see "Messages" and "[email protected]".... no idea was a BIS is... but yes, my work e-mails are defaulted to "messages"....so is everything else.
    09-07-08 07:15 PM
    BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service = email service provided by the respective carrier; T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, etc, etc...

BES - BlackBerry Enterprise Server = email service provided by a server ran by a company. For example by your employer...

Are you setting up your work email......

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

do you have a service book sent for it...
    09-07-08 07:30 PM
    The only part I can help you with is this: To separate you
    SMS/MMS from your messages

go to the messages folder > options > general options >
    scroll to the bottom and set SMS & Email Inboxes to "Separate" >
    save and exit. Now you will have a dedicated folder for SMS/MMS
    and they will no longer show up in messages
    09-07-08 07:37 PM
    YESTER - i'm pretty sure it's a BES.... it's a company e-mail address/server linked to my work laptop.

the IT guy set up my blackberry, i didn't have to do anything. i did however add my hotmail (personal) e-mail.

no idea what a service book is, i'll look that up. thanks!

AMAZING - thanks! that helped a lot.... wish i could do that with my 2 e-mail addresses. it seems weird that they are combined, it's getting confusing. maybe i'll just delete my personal e-mail address
    09-08-08 09:01 AM
    Check out this... should help

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...es-folder.html
    09-08-08 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD