So after i play a song and close the media app, the music still plays.

What is a good way to get to the 'now playing' song quickly from any screen?

(For example, with the iPod Touch, you can double-click the home button at any time to get the 'now playing' song)
    07-30-08 01:59 PM
    pressing STOP. Then closing the app properly
    07-30-08 02:01 PM
    pressing STOP. Then closing the app properly
    I know that. Im saying, how do I get to the screen where I can press STOP without having to go to Menu>Media>Music>Now Playing
    07-30-08 02:02 PM
    i have my side convenience key set to the music player since i use it so much.

just an idea!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 07-30-08 at 02:05 PM.
    07-30-08 02:03 PM
    What do you mean by 'side convience key'?
    07-30-08 02:03 PM
    My bad, i misread your thread. But what chrisy said is prolly your best bet.
    The buttons on the side of your phone.
    07-30-08 02:04 PM
    Not the volume keys, but the other 2 keys on either side of the phone. They can be reassigned in the screen and keyboard options.
    07-30-08 02:07 PM
    oh, how do you change the side button app prefernces? right now one of them is set to camera, and the other is some voice thing
    07-30-08 02:08 PM
    Before you ask:
    To program the convenience key(s), go to Options > Screen/Keyboard. Within this menu you will be able to select Left/Right Side Convenience Key Opens and then choose the Native OS or 3rd party application you want launched when the convenience key is clicked. USE the convenience keys - they are HANDY!
    07-30-08 02:08 PM
    sorry, bad spelling there! i fixed it!
    07-30-08 02:10 PM
    1. If you have a song playing and are in another screen or app, you can also press the Mute key on the top edge of the device which will pause it. Press it again and it will resume. It doesn't just mute/unmute it.

2. Additionally, you can press the Applications/Menu key to the left of the track ball which show Now Playing the the menu. Click on that and it will take you to the Media application.

3. You can also press & hold the Alt key then press the Escape key (to the right of the track ball) to scroll through the open applications. The Media application and Now Playing will also show up there.

See the attached picture.

07-30-08 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD