Hello,
    I am new to the blackberry world and I just had a question that I was hoping someone here would be able to answer. I am currently living overseas in Germany and we use T-mobile as our provider. We are wanting to switch to blackberrys and my sister is sending my husband a curve 8900 from t-mobile back in the states so I assume it should work. The phone I wonder about is my friend has a curve 8330 that she no longer uses and is sending it to us for free but I am concerned that it wont work. It is a sprint phone and I was told by our service provider guy that it didn't matter but now I am hearing about the CDMA and GSM phones so i think the guy is wrong. I don't think this sprint phone has a sim card so I see a problem.

My question is does anyone have any experience with this? Or no for sure if it will work?

Thank you
    Courtney
    09-25-10 10:11 AM
    An 8330 is a CDMA only device.

It will not work on a GSM network (such a TMobile) at all.
    09-25-10 10:24 AM
    An 8330 is a CDMA only device.

It will not work on a GSM network (such a TMobile) at all.
    Okay thank you!
    What phones would you suggest would work on the tmobile network here in Germany? Does it matter the provider or does it have to be tmobile?
    09-25-10 11:46 AM
    I believe any GSM phone will work with T-Mobile. But it might be better to jump over to the T-Mobile forum and ask there. Those people would be able to give a better answer.
    09-25-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD