Hey everyone, just got back from the store with my new Curve! Its pretty sweet.

2 Questions...

1) I did the email setup at the store, but now I cant login from my computer. It says something along the lines of my account is not accessibe through an HTML browser, use your device to access BIS. Anyway to fix this?

2) I do not have the blackberry browser globe. The guy at the store says it takes some time to get that browser icon is this true. Ive already done the host routing table thing as well as service books, still no browser......?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Jim
    03-27-08 06:50 PM
    Well when I got mine which was a couple of weeks ago everything on mine was working before I got out the store. I had already started to receive emails from AT&T.
    03-27-08 06:53 PM
    But did you have the Blackberry Browser on yours?? Not the media net browser but the other one??

Also, can you log in to BIS from your computers web browser?

Thanks

Jim
    03-27-08 06:57 PM
    as far as the browser icon goes, do this....

go to Options....advanced otions....host routing table, then press the blackberry button (left of the trackball) and register now.

this should bring the browser icon back, if it doesnt instantly, pull the battery for 30 secs and re boot.
    03-27-08 06:58 PM
    As for question 1) sounds like you are trying to go to the WAP site. You need to go to the BIS site from ATT's website. Sorry don't know what that is.
    03-27-08 07:05 PM
    But did you have the Blackberry Browser on yours?? Not the media net browser but the other one??

Also, can you log in to BIS from your computers web browser?

Thanks

Jim
    Yes I had the browser. Trust me I was checking everything that I knew i needed on a daily basis lol
    I never tried logging into BIS from the web browser on the phone but I do log into BIS from my PC browser and also your login may be different from what you setup for email.
    03-27-08 07:06 PM
    As for question 1) sounds like you are trying to go to the WAP site. You need to go to the BIS site from ATT's website. Sorry don't know what that is.
    bis.na.blackberry.com
    03-27-08 07:09 PM
    as far as the browser icon goes, do this....

go to Options....advanced otions....host routing table, then press the blackberry button (left of the trackball) and register now.

this should bring the browser icon back, if it doesnt instantly, pull the battery for 30 secs and re boot.
    I have already tried that and I didnt get my BB Browser, is there anything else I can do???

NoMoreWindows: I can access the WAP site from my phone, but I cannot log in through my PC using a browser....

Any more help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks

Jim
    03-27-08 07:51 PM
    it sounds as though you have internet access, so try pressing the BB button twice and then select "show all"...maybe the browser icon is hidden??
    03-27-08 08:07 PM
    it sounds as though you have internet access, so try pressing the BB button twice and then select "show all"...maybe the browser icon is hidden??
    No, I checked that too, the icon is not hidden... I dont know whats wrong. anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply though, I appreciate all the help i can get here!

Jim
    03-27-08 09:02 PM
    You can't access your blackberry e-mail from a computer. Only from your blackberry. There is no mail interface.
    03-27-08 09:07 PM
    I just need to know how to get the blackberry browser on my phone......

I tried the host routing table, Ive tried service books, still nothing....

I just dont get it...

Any help is MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated! Thanks

Jim
    03-27-08 09:31 PM
    do you have the appropriate BB plan? if you don't, nothing will make the browser icon show up
    03-27-08 09:37 PM
    I have Media Net browser and it works just fine, Im just not getting the Blackberry Browser...

Jim
    03-27-08 10:13 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 12:23 AM
    I have Media Net browser and it works just fine, Im just not getting the Blackberry Browser...

Jim
    Just because you have the MediaNet ball doesn't mean you have the correct data plan. You will need to verify you have that. I would also go to the BIS website and register my device. After you did that, you should see your browser shortly after a reset.
    03-28-08 02:04 AM
    Ok well I called att and they fixed it in 5 minutes. They deleted all my service books and resent new ones. They are very helpful over there! Everything works great now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-08 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD