Okay so I have a friend that knows quite a bit but lately hes been saying some far fetched things about the blackberry curve 8330 from Verizon. Hes saying he was able to access a lot by using a serial port on the phone that's somewhere that he won't mention... Now I'm questioning this... Is there a way to hack a Curve 8330 using a hidden serial port?
    02-04-09 11:55 AM
    Okay so I have a friend that knows quite a bit but lately hes been saying some far fetched things about the blackberry curve 8330 from Verizon. Hes saying he was able to access a lot by using a serial port on the phone that's somewhere that he won't mention... Now I'm questioning this... Is there a way to hack a Curve 8330 using a hidden serial port?
    Serial port? methinks not. I don't think any bb's have serial ports (do any devices have serial ports anymore?). Perhaps he means accessing through the USB cable? Why would he keep this "serial port" a secret anyway?
    02-04-09 12:01 PM
    I guess...why would you need to? Maybe is he referring to tethering his net or something?

A lot of apps have free versions and such things like that. I guess I would need more information before I would be able to at least give an educated guess as to what your friend is referring to. I've never heard of any secret ports though
    02-04-09 12:03 PM
    Sounds to me like he's pulling your leg. To the best of my knowledge and I've been studying a lot... LOL There is no hidden serial port.

02-04-09 12:03 PM
    The USB is a serial port, but I don't know what he is talking about.
    02-04-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD