Ok so I read through the guide's many times and figured it wasn't too hard to do a upgrade, so I got to the part where it wipes the BB. The screen is white and shows a 507 error as it should, however, while it is plugged in, I open DM and it shows as it is disconnected and there is no device connected to the computer, I deleted vendor .xml and followed everything on the guide.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    08-13-08 03:18 PM
    Did you read the part of my guide in ALL RED LETTERS?!

That would be the most important part, and it seems as if you blew it off. And, to go along with that... I wrote a warning in orange, specifically about step 7

And, it tells in the guide what to do when you reach this point, as it is perfectly normal. So... basically you blew off the whole guide, messed up, panicked and do not know what to do

Sorry, it just really irks me that all of the warnings meant nothing and you did not take the time to find out what you were doing before you attempted to do it!

That being said, either refer back to my guide and actually follow the correct procedure, or check this link : http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

And, please read thoroughly in the future. I do not mean to sound like a d*ck, or some major a$$hole by saying this... since you are new and this is possibly your first upgrade. But I put those warnings in place for a reason, because they are serious. And if you understood the process, you would know that this is normal
    08-13-08 03:24 PM
    No worries, I'm a tech geek and like to mess around with the latest versions of things, however, this is my first blackberry and sorry for irritating you. I did read all of it, I read through the guide three times before attempting and a few times during the wipe. I was reading the nuked guide right before I posted this because I wanted to make sure that it was the problem and there was nothing I could do to further mess it up.
    08-13-08 03:29 PM
    I am truly sorry I blew a fuse, I just thought the warnings were clear.

I do not mind helping someone... not at all. I will jump to help anyone when they run into trouble, no matter what (and many many members will vouch for that fact). I hope you can get things straightened out, and if you follow the guide word for word, you will be fine! (warnings and all )
    08-13-08 03:33 PM
    Yeah it can be scary , and although BMC's guide is a great resource and is really well done it is alot to take in.

I know it is hard to try to remember all that the first or **** even the second and third time you do it.

As BMC said , have a read through all the procedure again ,as thoroughly as possible, and you'll have it straightened out in no time!
    08-13-08 03:40 PM

I do not mind helping someone... not at all. I will jump to help anyone when they run into trouble, no matter what (and many many members will vouch for that fact). I hope you can get things straightened out, and if you follow the guide word for word, you will be fine! (warnings and all )
    There's no problem in that lol, I did know the 507 error code was supposed to come up but the reason I posted was because the blackberry didn't show up in DM asking to upgrade but after manually starting the Application Loader it doesn't show up there either, and I have tried about 7 times now pulling the battery out, connecting it to the usb, and it doesent show up :\

Am I doing something wrong?
    08-13-08 03:49 PM
    Ok so I read through the guide's many times...

Thanks
    Did you read the part of my guide in ALL RED LETTERS?!....
    I was reading the nuked guide right before I posted this ...
    Welcome to CrackBerry, the way I read it, you were talking about the CB 101 Nuked guide and BM was thinking about his Upgrade guide.

So where do we stand? Do you still have a dead device?
    08-13-08 03:52 PM
    There's no problem in that lol, I did know the 507 error code was supposed to come up but the reason I posted was because the blackberry didn't show up in DM asking to upgrade but after manually starting the Application Loader it doesn't show up there either, and I have tried about 7 times now pulling the battery out, connecting it to the usb, and it doesent show up :\

Am I doing something wrong?
    You will be all good, relax and slow down your process a little.

First, try to reboot your PC. Then open then AppLoader (not DesktopManager). Once that is open, force the connection... you can do this by plugging your Berry into USB (directly to PC, not thru a hub)... and then when your PIN shows up under COM1... press next. Then you are good to go
    08-13-08 03:53 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry, the way I read it, you were talking about the CB 101 Nuked guide and BM was thinking about his Upgrade guide.

So where do we stand? Do you still have a dead device?
    Yeah right now I do because Application Loader can't find the device for some reason (like the it says in the BB 101 guide). I'm going to start BM's guide from step #7 over and see what happens.
    08-13-08 03:54 PM
    Got it,

First step is to double check your installation. Use Windows control panel, program uninstall to verfiy both the BlackBerry DTM and BlackBerry OS are installed correctly.

Next, Windows control panel, system, device drivers. Verify the USB connections are correct. If one is flagged, delete it and restart your computer.

Finaly, open Window drive C:, navigate to Program files / Common Files / Research in Motion / Apploader.

Scroll down to the bottom and tell me the name of the last file in the directory. If it is Vendor, delete it, again.

@ BM, Didn't mean to step on your toes here buddy, I though you were homeward bound.
    Last edited by Stoner; 08-13-08 at 03:59 PM.
    08-13-08 03:57 PM
    You will be all good, relax and slow down your process a little.

First, try to reboot your PC. Then open then AppLoader (not DesktopManager). Once that is open, force the connection... you can do this by plugging your Berry into USB (directly to PC, not thru a hub)... and then when your PIN shows up under COM1... press next. Then you are good to go
    After rebooting the computer it detected it, thanks alot for your help haha I guess a reboot was all it needed.

Thanks to all the others who replied and lets see how this turns out .

BTW, I'm amazed on how fast people were replying, as soon as I replied there was another post for me to read haha, you guys are great, CB rocks
    08-13-08 04:10 PM
    LOL, you get that with a bunch of CrackBerry addicts on computers.
    08-13-08 04:15 PM

I can vouch for that...
    08-13-08 04:15 PM
    Ok, so I ran through the apploader and installed everything and it said the loading operation was successful, I hit close and now on my blackberry there is a white screen with a hourglass spinning around and thats all its doing, do I wait for it to go away or did I mess something up again?
    08-13-08 04:27 PM
    Excellent, you are there.

Do not interrupt startup, it will take longer then usual, up to 30 min.
    08-13-08 04:35 PM
    Excellent, you are there.

Do not interrupt startup, it will take longer then usual, up to 30 min.
    Yeah It just came up, Phew hahaha thought i had messed up my blackberry.

Thanks for all the help guys, and by the way is there a L theme for the 4.5 os? The default one is weird lol
    08-13-08 04:38 PM
    I am new but sounds to me like its doing its thing, and that may take an hour or so from what I have read, IMO let it run its course out..

Julian
    08-13-08 04:48 PM
    <cut>

@ BM, Didn't mean to step on your toes here buddy, I though you were homeward bound.
    Totally cool man, I was leaving my office and heading home... seems like everything got squared away

I can vouch for that...
    Thank you, sir

Yeah It just came up, Phew hahaha thought i had messed up my blackberry.

Thanks for all the help guys, and by the way is there a L theme for the 4.5 os? The default one is weird lol
    Congrats! There are plenty of "L" themes... check out BlueRoomSolutions.com
    08-13-08 04:53 PM
    Yeah the BlueRoomSolutions.com has a TON of good themes. Just make sure you are grabbing the ones for 4.5

Happy Cracking!
    08-13-08 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD