I love my fantastic curve 8310. There is no doubt or uncertainty about it! But I am dying to find a way to make the phone vibrate more times, and much more important than that - I need a vibrating alarm for my phone. Not the one they give you that vibrates 3 measly times and is done - I mean like on every other phone on the planet. I was actually in shock when I realized that the alarm was so useless, because the blackberry is the epitome of awesomeness!

All suggestions are welcome, although I would prefer a solution that does not cost money (as opposed to "you can buy such-and-such an app").

This really is especially annoying me because it means that I still need to use my old phone - a shameful reminder of my pre-blackberry existence - as an alarm, instead of smashing it to pieces (which it rightfully deserves!).
    02-26-08 10:07 PM
    The alarm is lousy. I would buy such and such a program. I think you can find a couple that aren't too expensive, and to me would be worth it in order to smash an older phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 08:22 AM
    I've heard that Blackberry Alerts is a good program, though I've never tried it for myself. Check out handango.
    02-27-08 09:20 AM
    Eakeller I totally agree! I'll check out the BB alerts. I always thought that was just short alerts, not a real wake-up alarm so now I"ll really do some research on the program.

Thanks!
    02-27-08 02:02 PM
    I think theres an app called MyAlarm, and if i remember correctly, its free...
    **EDIT, Found it***
    MyAlarm - Multiple BlackBerry Alarms For Free! | BerryReview
    02-27-08 02:03 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried myalarm about 2 months ago to solve this problem, and I found that it didn't have the option of a vibrating alarm. Either that or there was a vibrating alarm, but it was using the phone's vibrate and again would not vibrate more than 3 times.

Keep the advice coming!
    02-27-08 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD