Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum. A few questions if you don't mind...

I just got an 8310, and I was wondering...

Are there certain email carriers that don't allow you to link you personal account to your BB? I have a Hotmail account and I keep getting and "error occurred" message when I try to setup my personal email. My girlfriend got an 8310 at the same time, and her personal email (AOL) linked up no problem.

Second, I saw in another thread that you can delete some applications and the sample video to free up some space, which worked fine, but is there a way to delete the sample pictures and music as well?

Third, I have a 2 GB MicroSD card coming in the mail soon, and I see that it is a media card, but can I also save other stuff on the card as well so I don't have to worry about slow processing, automatic deleting of messages and call logs, etc?

Forth and last, how often do they come out with a new software version for the 8310, and is it possible to upgrade your processor if need be?

I'm sure a lot of what I've said and asked will be humorous to most of you, but like I said, I'm a BRAND noob!
    01-21-08 10:43 PM
    hotmail wants you to upgrade to their premium service which is something like $10 per month. just get a gmail account. or aol. or whomever you want to. hope this answers your question.
    01-22-08 05:14 AM
    oh yeah the other two. media card is for media. pics, vid, songs, ringtones. the other two: sample stuff unsure of and os question. os dependent upon whatever carrier you have but you can use other carriers' if you want latest and greatest.
    Last edited by bbsadaj; 01-22-08 at 05:18 AM. Reason: forgot something
    01-22-08 05:15 AM
    agreed. ditch hotmail. i had my acct since 2000 and am glad i switched to gmail. much better. still check hotmail on occasion. that's where all the junk goes! you can check your hotmail via your berry, even if you can't get it pushed.

can't put applications on your sd card. but can move any media on your phone to it. good luck!
    01-22-08 09:39 AM
    I've not had any trouble with the BB accessing my hotmail account. I think there is a free upgrade to windows live hotmail, perhaps that is what is required. I don't/havent ever paid them anything.

If it still isn't working, there is also a setting in hotmail to forward mail. you can set this up to send to the account that your carrier set up for you.

For removing some of those other sample files there are a number of threads around that go through step by step how to perform a new clean OS install. At least a few of them list those files you mentioned, so probably just keep reading.
    -aaron
    01-22-08 09:44 AM
    Thanks for the replies!
    01-22-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD