I have a question that I have no idea about. If I were to buy an unlocked bold--I have sprint service--am I right in assuming that I could call and get it turned on with my service?? I am not understanding the whole "unlocked" thing. If so--then why wait for sprint to come out with certain phones??? Please explain!
    04-21-09 01:46 PM
    you couldnt unlock a bold for your service. unlocking has to do with gsm devices, like att and tmo in the states
    04-21-09 01:49 PM
    only a gsm phone can be unlocked and be used on another gsm carrier.
    04-21-09 01:50 PM
    only a gsm phone can be unlocked and be used on another gsm carrier.
    Not true. The storm can be unlocked and used on a GSM carrier. On the other hand, no GSM device can be unlocked and used on a CDMA carrier. The Storm can be unlocked because it has a GSM radio as well as CDMA.

You are correct that a Bold cannot be used on Sprint.
    04-21-09 01:56 PM
    Not true. The storm can be unlocked and used on a GSM carrier. On the other hand, no GSM device can be unlocked and used on a CDMA carrier. The Storm can be unlocked because it has a GSM radio as well as CDMA.

You are correct that a Bold cannot be used on Sprint.
    i confess, i dont usually think about that phone ... then you forgot about the 8830.. it can also be used on gsm.
    04-21-09 01:59 PM
    If the phone you're picking up has CDMA, it could be used on Sprint's network. If it's a GSM only phone, it could only be used on AT&T, T-Mobile, or other GSM carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 04:27 PM
    If the phone you're picking up has CDMA, it could be used on Sprint's network. If it's a GSM only phone, it could only be used on AT&T, T-Mobile, or other GSM carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    not necessarily. people have a very difficult time flashing a cdma phone from carrier to carrier . you have to plead with cs to get them to even think about it.
    04-21-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD