while on the phone sometimes i can send a text while on the phone call but sometimes well actually most times text wont send out while on the phone but i can recieve them.
    08-31-08 12:56 AM
    So what's the question?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 01:00 AM
    Why?

08-31-08 01:06 AM
    Mine allows me to send a text all the time while on calls

08-31-08 01:09 AM
    On my phone voice overrides data. If I am on the phone
    I get no SMS, BBM or Yahoo IM. Not sure if that is the same with VZW
    08-31-08 01:12 AM
    I get messages all the time while on the phone but I have never tried to text while on the phone until now , and had no problem doing so.

I guess my thought about it is WHY? If your on the phone talking to somebody I feel they deserve your attention and vice versa, not a text you are attempting to type and carry on a conversation at the same time

08-31-08 01:19 AM
    Personally, I feel if you have the ability to text & talk - why not?
    rdzlyz, I see you have Sprint. Chances are that you're not going to be able to do both at the same time, but every once in a while, I can get a text out while on the phone.

When I was using Palm & WMo, I was able to do it all the time; not so with BB.
    08-31-08 01:23 AM
    Personally, I feel if you have the ability to text & talk - why not?
    rdzlyz, I see you have Sprint. Chances are that you're not going to be able to do both at the same time, but every once in a while, I can get a text out while on the phone.

When I was using Palm & WMo, I was able to do it all the time; not so with BB.
    i mean while on phone call just about maybe 10mins after i been on the phone i cant send out text but i can recieve. its wiered, it works at first but then stops and yes i came from palm to windows now bb and i love bb lol and on my old palm and winmo i was able to send text...i dont know if you guys are on the phone for maybe 20 mins try to send a text. im on sprint i dont know if its a sprint thing or software im running 4.5.0.77.
    08-31-08 01:41 AM
    It has nothing to do with the OS.
    08-31-08 01:43 AM
    ok ok ok....there is no fix for this its just the network issues
    08-31-08 03:40 AM
    hmmm..... when i'm using my bluetooth headset, i'm able to send out texts while talking...

never tried it without.
    08-31-08 04:23 AM
    I'm with sprint and I'm able to receive text msg but I can't send nor can I receive yahoo,msn or bb messenger

08-31-08 07:04 AM
    I'm with att and texts won't go out until I'm done talking, but it I'm able to do both if I'm using a bluetooth headset, they won't hear that you are typing either.

08-31-08 10:37 AM
    I'm with sprint and I'm able to receive text msg but I can't send nor can I receive yahoo,msn or bb messenger

It is my understanding that with any CDMA carrier, you can't use voice AND data at the same time.

08-31-08 10:46 AM
    I am cdma and I have texted while talking

08-31-08 10:55 AM
    i can text, but not bbm. bbm won't go thru until i hang up. wasn't always like that. when i had the 4.2 i could cause i did it all the time but not now.
    08-31-08 11:09 AM
    I am cdma and I have texted while talking

Texting is not data.

08-31-08 11:19 AM
    Yes text is not considered data , that's why we can send/receive texts while in call but you BlackBerry waits until the call has ended before sending/receiving email or Im's. Still not a biggie. I can't even fathom the kinds of garbled crap people would be getting if I tried to do all that at once anyways

08-31-08 12:16 PM
    Yes. VZW can send/receive text while on a phone call-and Bluetooth let's you do it without being heard.

I'm, email, surfing - not while on the phone.
    08-31-08 01:07 PM
    Then being able to text & talk at the same time must be carrier dependent cause I know for a fact that most times my text will NOT go thru until I complete the call. When one or 2 do happen to go through, I just think I got lucky.
    08-31-08 01:10 PM
    i knew im not the only one that is having the problem
    08-31-08 03:21 PM
    Yep. Definitely a Sprint issue.

08-31-08 03:28 PM
    yea its happening to me multiple times, i been on da phone for about 15 mins or more texes dont send out nemore but reciving is fine
    09-02-08 03:40 PM
    This used to happen to me on the sidekick, I could send text, but sometimes it would be Pending til I got off the phone...
    Kinda aggrevating but I guess it doesnt matter lol
    09-02-08 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD