Hello,

Are you able to browse the internet with wi-fi even if you dont have a data package plan?

In other words, if I dont have a data package plan, and I browse the web via wi-fi connection, will I get charged?

Because it seems like I can only use wi-fi to browse the internet if I select the "Date Service" option.

But then, I was able to browse the web via wi-fi without any SIM card in the phone... so the phone browsed the web without knowing my T-Mobile account.

Please help,
    thanks
    07-29-08 10:10 PM
    it should work w/o the data plan as long as you are connected to the internet via WiFi. Might try another browser like Opera if the standard one gives you issues.

Another reason that this may work is 'cause the phone for T-mobile is supposed to work with their home-network setup, so doubt they would ockout the wifi.
    07-29-08 10:22 PM
    No i mean, I know the wi-fi browser works. I just used it.

But im saying, I dont have a data packet. So does that mean im gonna be charged if I use wi-fi to browse the web?

Thanks
    07-29-08 10:43 PM
    ooh,

no i highly doubt it, that would be very lame.. VERY lame.

You are not using T-mobile Data, which is turned off.. so no way they could ethically charge you.

if you really dunno sitll, just call CC they can be pretty nice.. call 611 and just say "representative" right away, to avoid all the bs voice-recognition.
    07-29-08 10:46 PM
    "You are not using T-mobile Data, which is turned off.. so no way they could ethically charge you."

No but the "Data Service" has to be turned on in order to use wi-fi to browse itnernet.
    07-29-08 10:53 PM
    lol funky, i guess i've never had my phone w/o the data plan.

call CC unless someone elseo n here knows

For my wing, i had no data for a while, but it had wifi.. and it worked ifne w/o extra charges or whatever but not sure that is the same as the BB as i just got the BB (and had data turned on for the rebate)
    07-29-08 10:59 PM
    NO!! No charges if you have no data plan and browse with WiFi!!

Check out the "Complete WiFi Guide" I wrote to find out more wifi info!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD