Guys/Gals,

Is pressing ALT/R. SHIFT/DEL the same as pulling the battery? Meaning, do they reset the same way?

I know 'QuickPull' is an app that mimics a battery pull but I'm wondering if I even need it if pressing ALT/R.SHIFT/DEL does the same thing.

Thanks!
    03-03-09 02:25 PM
    Its pretty much the same. If you do a second reset as soon as the back screen starts to light up then thats considered a hard reset. I only do a battery pull if my device get locked up and a soft reset wont work.
    03-03-09 02:28 PM
    Some ppl claim doing a double ALT/R. SHIFT/DEL = a battery pull; but I'm not too sure on that.

I use QuickPull and I like it.
    03-03-09 02:29 PM
    I use QuickPull too, and LOVE it. I have it set to do a pull every night after I am asleep... I don't have half the issues that I had prior to installing it. After reading about folks doing a battery pull every night to keep things on the level, I found QuickPull and again, I LOVE it!
    03-03-09 02:35 PM
    OK, QuickPull it is! Thanks!
    03-03-09 02:47 PM
    Here's the official word:View Document

I think QuickPull is as close to a battery pull as you can get without actually removing the battery and shutting all power to the device. It may be equivalent to the double alt + rt shft + del, or it may actually be a battery pull.
    03-03-09 02:52 PM
    Here's the official word:View Document

I think QuickPull is as close to a battery pull as you can get without actually removing the battery and shutting all power to the device. It may be equivalent to the double alt + rt shft + del, or it may actually be a battery pull.
    Thanks. Still a little fuzzy but I'll go with QuickPull.
    03-03-09 03:01 PM
    QP is the way to go if for no other reason then you don't actually have to take the battery out.
    03-03-09 03:02 PM
    Wow!!! I never knew about the qp and I've had a blackberry for years now. Ill be using this everyday know. Its sooo much easier that the battery pull. Crackberry never ceases to amaze me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 03:59 PM
    Wow!!! I never knew about the qp and I've had a blackberry for years now. Ill be using this everyday know. Its sooo much easier that the battery pull. Crackberry never ceases to amaze me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Cool huh?!
    03-03-09 04:03 PM
    Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while. Silly Question: is QuickPull a downloadable app or is it a function hidden somewhere in the blackerry? I do the "Three-finger-reset" whenever I lose bluetooth connectivity and the normal things don't get it back. Thanks for the info.
    03-03-09 04:09 PM
    Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while. Silly Question: is QuickPull a downloadable app or is it a function hidden somewhere in the blackerry? I do the "Three-finger-reset" whenever I lose bluetooth connectivity and the normal things don't get it back. Thanks for the info.
    It is a free downloadable app! Not sure if I'm allowed to post link so just google it and you should find it.
    03-03-09 04:19 PM
    Here's the link:QuickPull - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

kcmo,

You have enough posts to post links.
    03-03-09 05:29 PM
    Oh boy here we go again. lol

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/batt...e-reset-59836/
    03-03-09 05:39 PM
    I wonder what the results would be if QP was in the poll.
    03-03-09 05:56 PM
    Quickpull Ftw
    03-03-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD