A friend of mine showed me a web-site where you can create your own ringtones. However, he told me in order to download them to my phone, I would need a SIM card. I have a Curve 8330 & understand it does not have nor will it accept a SIM card.
    Is it true that I cannot create and download ringtones to this phone w/o a SIM card? If so, that must mean the phone won't hold enough memory to store ringtones & that seems a little strange to me.

Ken
    01-15-10 10:51 AM
    Are you sure he didnt say an SD card?
    01-15-10 11:00 AM
    You're right...I just called him and he did mean a Micro SD card. I looked at mine and one will fit behind the battery. Last question...are these cheaper to get on-line rather than in a local retailer. He said he paid $25 for his at Verizon. I'm not cheap, but that does seem a little steep.

Thanks,

Ken
    01-15-10 11:23 AM
    They are generally alot cheaper online. Size is relavent to the price, also. You can get a 1 or 2 gb micro sd cheap, but you'll still pay a premium for the bigger ones. Your OS version will dictate how big of a card you can use. If you only plan on using it for ringtones, a 1gb would do fine.
    01-15-10 11:28 AM
    You're right...I just called him and he did mean a Micro SD card. I looked at mine and one will fit behind the battery. Last question...are these cheaper to get on-line rather than in a local retailer. He said he paid $25 for his at Verizon. I'm not cheap, but that does seem a little steep.

Thanks,

Ken
    They are MUCH cheaper online, you can get a 4gb card for around $10-$15 depending on where you get it. For that matter you can get one from walmart for about $15.
    01-15-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD