so your PIN is tied to your phone, not your account. So if you get a new phone, you will get a new PIN therefore you would have to reconnect with all your BBM contacts. Am I getting that right? Seems like a hassle. I'm thinking about upgrading my blackberry, but that means I'll have a new PIN - so I have to go through all my blackberry messenger contacts and re-add them?
    02-25-09 11:23 AM
    yep you've got it!
    02-25-09 11:25 AM
    Yes, you will. I would make sure that you have all your contacts pin's saved in the address book. I know some of my contacts in BB Messenger I don't have their pin's saved in the address book. (like if I sent them my pin and they requested me)
    02-25-09 11:26 AM
    Yes, it can be hassle... I had to enter all my contacts manually since I had a CDMA consumer phone before...

But just think of your shiny new Berry... its worth the hassle, isnt it?
    02-25-09 11:32 AM
    Yes, you will. I would make sure that you have all your contacts pin's saved in the address book. I know some of my contacts in BB Messenger I don't have their pin's saved in the address book. (like if I sent them my pin and they requested me)
    I second that! And make sure to back it up on your computer too. My brother tried guessing my password and wiped my device! Now I have no contacts or anything. I did back it up but my computer monitor went out and I have to buy a new one. But no $ lol
    Now I must wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD