Hey everyone,

Just installed 4.5 OS to my T-Mobile Blackberry Curve last night and everything has been running smoothly so far. I just noticed that for the mobile network, the numbers "310-30" appeared instead of saying the normal 'T-Mobile' or 'indigo wireless' (when I'm at home I get one network or the other half the time).

I looked up the numbers in Google and it comes back with a list of GSM operators and network codes. 310-30 being 'USA PCS PRIME'.

I have never seen these before and just wondered what they were and if they affect me in any way? (Such as some sort of roaming charge or anything funny)
    07-30-08 09:48 AM
    I have noticed the same problem with a t-mobile 8120. Normally, it would show the name of the carrier of the tower I was currently using. it would change to Verizon if you were on a verizon tower and then to US cell if you were on a us cellular tower, etc. now it will show t-mobile if on a t-mobile tower, but it shows 310-30 on every other carrier tower.

thanks to any addicts that can help...
    01-11-09 07:14 PM
    Honestly I have no idea either. Never really thought about it until I saw this. I have seen mine do the same thing after I first went to 4.5 awhile ago. Never got any funny charges though. I dont know about your device....but I'm thinking maybe its because I'm not running the T-mobile branded OS. Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge on this subject will chime in.
    01-11-09 07:21 PM
    I have noticed the same problem with a t-mobile 8120. Normally, it would show the name of the carrier of the tower I was currently using. it would change to Verizon if you were on a verizon tower and then to US cell if you were on a us cellular tower, etc. now it will show t-mobile if on a t-mobile tower, but it shows 310-30 on every other carrier tower.

thanks to any addicts that can help...
    How would your GSM T-mobile Curve roam on CDMA Verizon towers?
    01-11-09 11:11 PM
    How would your GSM T-mobile Curve roam on CDMA Verizon towers?
    It may never have show Verizon. But it did show various other carriers. Such as US Cellular, Centennial Wireless, ETC. Now it just shows 310-30 for any carrier except for t-mobile. It is also a T-Mobile 8120 Pearl, not a Curve. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused!
    03-19-09 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD