Does this happen to everyone or just me?

I just got a 2 gig micro sd card and xferred it full of files to my curve.

It all works great, the interface is amazing, there is just one annoying issue.

Whenever I go in and select artist/album etc and select either one of those, it freezes for about 4-8 seconds, while you cannot control anything.

It also does this when you actually open the playlist you are viewing in the media player. Is there any way to get rid of this.

Everything else is great.

Thanks alot.
    09-01-07 09:35 PM
    There is always a little lag when selecting media from the card. Does everything work ok after the lag? You can try giving your device a reboot (pull the battery while the device is powered on) and see what happens after that.
    09-01-07 09:51 PM
    ya it works smooth after the initial 2 lags. Will a battery pull while its on cause any settings or data to be lost
    09-01-07 09:55 PM
    No, in fact it's good for the device to reboot now and then. You should do it at lease once a week. It frees up memory and starts all the apps over again.
    09-01-07 10:08 PM
    yup, yup lag in the media player is a known issue, still wondering why RIM hasn't been able to correct that issue yet but oh well, maybe 4.3 will have a nice update that will address it...here's to hope lol!!
    09-02-07 06:55 AM
    Does anyone know if there is another media player that will play video files better than the one that comes with the curve. I get a lag when i watch videos on my curve even when i reboot. Also if it cant play the file, the curve just shuts off automatically.
    09-09-07 09:34 PM
    I agree with Clewis, anyone know of an mp3/media app for the Blackberry?

This OEM media player is just absolutely terrible.
    11-15-07 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD