Hi there! I hope this question isn't TOO commonly asked/isn't TOO dumb...
    I have a Blackberry Curve 8320. A while back, the USB port on it was damaged and no longer functions. I was able to obtain a charger that works through the gold dealies on the back. It's pretty nifty, but despite it also using USB cables, it doesn't allow for connectivity to my computer for my Blackberry. I have a microSD card. I remember that I had to format it when I first started using it in my Blackberry. If I were to remove the card from my phone, put it in my computer (with an adapter, of course), add some files to it, and then put it back in my Blackberry, would that mess up that formatting?
    I figured I should ask first, since needing to format the thing again would mean bye bye to all of my files, at least on my Blackberry.

Thank you in advance for your forthcoming wisdom.

Jeremy
    06-25-13 07:19 PM
    Hey welcome to CB!

No question is a dumb question, so don't worry about it. Regarding your issue, it won't mess up the formatting. I've transferred tons of info to and from my BB to my laptop that way (pics, videos, files). Works like a charm everytime.

Also...you can look into getting the USB port fixed, many step by step DIY links out there (or take it to a repair shop) may cost $20-30
    06-25-13 07:26 PM
    Thanks! Glad to be here! And thank you for your response! I am glad that I don't have to worry.

As for fixing it. I'm afraid soldering is a little beyond me, and most of the DIY guides I found involved that. I may look into getting it repaired at some point, though. Still, I don't doubt that the charger was a worthwhile purchase. Even if I do get the port fixed, it'll still save on wear-and-tear.
    06-25-13 07:42 PM
    Thanks! Glad to be here! And thank you for your response! I am glad that I don't have to worry.

As for fixing it. I'm afraid soldering is a little beyond me, and most of the DIY guides I found involved that. I may look into getting it repaired at some point, though. Still, I don't doubt that the charger was a worthwhile purchase. Even if I do get the port fixed, it'll still save on wear-and-tear.
    Yep, you're right, it does involve soldering... You may luck out (depending on where you live as you could possibly get it done relatively cheap). But, you have your needed workarounds now so no rush i guess!
    06-25-13 07:49 PM
    Hi,
    So it took me a while to finally get to doing this, and unfortunately exactly what I was worried would happen wound up happening. I added a bunch of files to my microSD card (I admit, it was a fairly large number of songs, since I didn't want to have to do this again for a while), and now my blackberry is behaving exactly like it did before I formatted it. It won't go more than a few minutes without the screen freezing, then whiting out, and ultimately restarting the machine after several minutes. Is there ANY way to fix this that doesn't involve wiping out every file on my card? If there isn't, I don't see how I can get them back on there...
    07-20-13 07:14 PM