My girlfriend and I just got new curve's. Hers is Red, mine is Titanium. Both work fine. However-- on our batteries, near the connectors, one battery has small red x's and the other just a red line. Is there a reason these are different and does anyone know why they are different?
    02-24-08 08:29 PM
    Doesn't matter. I've gotten brand new out of the box BBs in the past and had it either way. Those are supposed to be liquid damage indicators for the battery--not the BB as a device--but the battery. Some have said they would go solid red if gotten wet, however I have not encountered that.
    02-24-08 09:19 PM
    so you have seen the battery with the solid red line on it? I thought there was something wrong with mine because it didnt have the xxx's....
    02-24-08 09:34 PM
    yes, I have.

I wonder if it is a difference in where the BB was made?
    02-24-08 09:35 PM
    My girlfriend and I just got new curve's. Hers is Red, mine is Titanium. Both work fine. However-- on our batteries, near the connectors, one battery has small red x's and the other just a red line. Is there a reason these are different and does anyone know why they are different?
    I had my Curve disassembled and was wiping it down with a towel cloth I sprayed Windex on. Seeing the battery, I also wiped that down. As soon as I wiped it down, the XXX's appeared. Apparently it is a water damage indicator.

Of course there was no water damage wiping the battery down but doing so with a damp cloth activates the water damage sensor on the battery and probably voids the battery's warranty. Not a big deal, CrackBerry has replacements for sale here priced at $20 which is a pretty good deal.
    02-24-08 09:47 PM
    hve you noticed that the two different batteries feel different? made of different material....
    02-24-08 09:48 PM
    Yeah, Chup I know exactly what you're referring to. My wife has the Crimson and I have the Titanium. Her battery is the one with the xxx's and rough surface. Mine is the one with the solid red line and smooth surface. Is there anywhere on the curves to see where they're manufactured?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 01:34 AM
    Speaking of batteries....

I find mine almost impossible to get out. I've actually scratched the silver part between the two gold connectors. Anyone had this problem? I thought about just getting some silver or chrome model paint, but...
    02-25-08 10:16 PM
    I have 6 batteries for my Curve, and they all have a red line on the water indicator... They all work, and came like that.
    02-25-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD