so i've had my bb for a year and a half now, during that time span i have not touched or messed w/ it like as in updating it.....so today i had nothing to do and i wanted to see whats all the fuss about updating.

my phone was v4.1.x and i wanted to update to 4.2.2.107, but since tmobile didnt have the update i said fxck it let me update to the latest so.....

i downloaded the newest DM
    downloaded v4.5 or w/e
    installed it and now its currently installing.

i have a question to ask
    what if i didnt delete the vendor.xml, will anything happen to my curve?
    Last edited by kreamBEAST; 07-27-09 at 10:20 PM.
    07-27-09 10:17 PM
    if it's installing, then the vendor file didn't need to be deleted. All the vendor file does is verify that you are installing, for example, sprint software on a sprint phone, even though the software would be compatible on other providers' handsets. if it is upgrading your phone, then you will be fine once it's done. when people need to delete the file, and they dont, the DM software will not show any updates are available for your phone. delete the vendor file, and voila, it sees the upgraded files.
    07-27-09 10:31 PM
    Not for sure if you mean the OS or the DM software. As far as I know the DM is the deskmanager that you load on your computer and the OS is what you install on the Phone.

Is that what you mean?
    07-27-09 10:32 PM
    well its in restoring the files now, so im guessing everything worked out well.

freeop: when i said i downloaded v4.5 im talking about version 4.5 for my phone, not the dm, thanks
    07-27-09 10:37 PM
    There's several versions of 4.5. Perhaps you loaded the one that is supported by your carrier already.
    07-27-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD