Ok... My wife just got her new 8330 today, yeah! Her & I have our own laptops with hers being on it's last leg. I'm wanting to upgrade her OS to the same as mine. The problem is her laptop sometimes just shuts off & I know that will cause big problems while upgrading. Can I sync her new BB to my DM? When I hook hers to mine will it try to sync her BB to my address book & calender?

Thanks guys & gals

Dave
    03-04-09 01:08 PM
    No, it will know it's a different device because the PINs are different. You can do the upgrade to her device as well. Also no problem doing a backup of her BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 01:14 PM
    xliderider... Thanks for pitching in. Does your username refer to a harley? I had 2 different ones over time myself.

Anyway, ok so it's fine for me to upgrade her OS using my laptop & DM. When I do sync her bb to my DM will it show that their is a OS upgrade since I have it installed on my laptop from when I did my upgrade?
    03-04-09 01:20 PM
    Do a search on youtube for xlider and you will see where my username comes from. ;o)

If DM doesn't detect the OS to load automatically, you can try clicking on loader.exe from the Programs/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader folder.

03-04-09 01:30 PM
    Don't me to be off the topic but how the **** do I start a talk deal like this
    03-04-09 01:31 PM
    Do you mean start a new thread?

Clict on the New Thread button at the top of the Stickys.

Last edited by xliderider; 03-04-09 at 01:57 PM.
    03-04-09 01:34 PM
    Do you mean start a new thread?

Clict on the New Thread button at the top of the Stickys.
    Since this thread is off-topic, check out this for more info:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/welcome-read-first-12/

By the way, I sent you a private message (pm), click on the link below your Welcome, username link at the top right under the add banner.

Tanker, sorry for taking this thread way off-topic.
    Last edited by xliderider; 03-04-09 at 02:18 PM.
    03-04-09 02:15 PM
    Tanker, I did it with my husbands. Worked flawlessly! Took me about 1.25 hours total to do both of our 8330's. I think you'll be groooooooooovy!
    03-04-09 02:28 PM
    xliderider... No problem nothing you did. But back to the topic, & renilyn thanks for pitching in too. I did get her BB upgraded, pats self on back, I will say this time, my 2nd upgrade went so smooth & fast!!

Now after she wakes up shes gonna take it away from me. that's ok though I still have mine! Now it's off to youTube in search of xlider!

Thanks fellow CB'ers
    03-04-09 03:59 PM
    xliderider... That's no harley...it's too cool!! I got a 12 year old son who I think will be wanting a pair of them now! I have never heard or seen anything about them her in the midwest.
    03-04-09 04:09 PM
    They sell Xlider skates on eBay. They might be in skate shops (skateboards) as well, but the retail might be $130 - 150.

Get your son these and he'll be the only one in the neighborhood riding them, until everyone else sees them that is.

They are an offshoot of the more popular Waveboard/Ripstick skateboards with swiveling caster wheels.
    03-04-09 04:15 PM
    They sell Xlider skates on eBay. They might be in skate shops (skateboards) as well, but the retail might be $130 - 150.

They are an offshoot of the more popular Waveboard/Ripstick skateboards with swiveling caster wheels.
    My daughter wants a pair now....... gee thanks.......
    03-04-09 04:18 PM
    My daughter wants a pair now....... gee thanks.......
    She'll be the coolest kid on the block.
    03-04-09 04:21 PM
    Heck I wish I was 20-25 years younger, geez I thought I would never say that!
    03-04-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD