Does anyone know a source for quality trackballs for the 8300 series? The ones from cnn.cn and tech-zone4world.com are crap. They either have warped rollers that bind or rollers that won't roll smoothly. They feel nothing like the original balls that come with the BBs. I want a colored ball but I want one that feels and works like the one that came with my phone. I don't mind paying a little more money to get a colored trackball that performs like the real thing. Not the useless crap I received from both cnn and tech-zone4world.
    03-31-09 07:57 AM
    Die your own in fabric dye.
    03-31-09 08:05 AM
    Can you give more information on how to do that. A step by step (with photos) would be nice and helpful for us trackball newbies.
    03-31-09 08:08 AM
    If you do a search, someone here did it, its a multi page thread. Also, google is your friend. Its not too complicated it would seem, mix up die, drop in ball, color it to your liking, dry.
    03-31-09 08:10 AM
    Just search for dyed trackball in the forums. I'm sure it'll come up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 08:10 AM
    Die your own in fabric dye.
    Azboricua is the OP of the dyed trackball thread, i would go this route, i've been hearing bad things about the colored trackballs websites have been selling...
    03-31-09 08:12 AM
    Check on eBay. I'm sure they have some there.
    03-31-09 08:12 AM
    I just used a permanent marker on mine. Took a few days for the color to even out all over, but now you cant even tell that it was ever translucent. Mine is now black. Did not even have to take it out of the phone case.
    03-31-09 08:22 AM
    ^^I like that.
    03-31-09 08:48 AM
    Can you give more information on how to do that. A step by step (with photos) would be nice and helpful for us trackball newbies.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/my-...-works-130330/

I don't think the photos in the that thread work anymore, but you can probably find a video on youtube showing you how to take it apart and dying it too.
    03-31-09 08:55 AM
    Azboricua is the OP of the dyed trackball thread, i would go this route, i've been hearing bad things about the colored trackballs websites have been selling...
    I would agree with that...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/tra...ollers-193137/
    03-31-09 08:59 AM
    lol i used a sharpie marker to make mine blue...it's still blue and it doesn't come off on my fingers...worked perfect
    03-31-09 09:50 AM
    I've lost sight of what a OEM trackball should feel like. I have taken them apart to clean and try to make the ball white again, to no avail. You just can't get the ball white again. And older balls start to get too smoothe to contact the rollers properly anyway. Replacements seem to all be the same no matter where you get them. I bought 10 all black trackballs advertised as "atomic" and they turned out to be black trackballs that look and feel just like the white ones, just black so the light does not shine through. But the balls have a slight texture that make them roll okay, just like the "original," but all black. So this is what a new OEM should feel like?

BTW - got some all blacks left, anyone interested, PM me. I'd post in the Marketplace, but I don't qualify to do that yet.
    03-31-09 04:05 PM
    when u dye it, do you just dye the trackball or do you just throw in the whole thing with the rollers and such?
    03-31-09 04:43 PM
    i bought mine off ebay...and i like it a lot.
    03-31-09 05:48 PM
    I bought the black G1 trackball from cnn.cn and it works perfectly. Had no issues with it. Looks good on my silver curve with a black plastic trackball trim ring in there too.
    03-31-09 05:53 PM
    cnn.cn now has different color track balls for the BBs
    03-31-09 06:00 PM
    my red ball from cnn.cn was complete junk. Two of the rollers were not only lopsidded but the magnets on them were not uniform. Basically there was no way for the unit to work. I had to take apart my stock assembly and put the red trackball and black bezel into the stock roller assembly and it still has issues with up/down. Eventually I'm just going to dye my stock ball and put it in there and hope everything is back to normal.
    03-31-09 06:03 PM
    when u dye it, do you just dye the trackball or do you just throw in the whole thing with the rollers and such?
    No, you take the assembly apart and dye the ball, and the ring that surrounds the ball, if you so desire.
    03-31-09 06:21 PM
    i ordered a red trackball from cnn.cn and it was terrible. It did not roll correctly and felt like sandpaper or something. It was extremely rough and did not work properly in my curve.
    03-31-09 07:44 PM
    i just ordered one from a seller called "dbroth" on amazon for 4.99. im not sure if anyone has recieved anything from this seller, but ill post in one of the trackball threads as to how the trackball is. i believe its a us company, but im not sure.
    03-31-09 08:16 PM
    Berryball.com (:
    03-31-09 08:30 PM
    i bought the G1 in black from cnn.cn i have had it for abt 2 months and so far so good.. i like the texture of the ball.. hope this helps
    03-31-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD