I didn't even know it was possible. Was on the phone yesterday and ended a call with the button on my headset. The status light turned purple and the phone reset itself. Did my BB have a brain fart?
    09-03-08 04:27 PM
    I think the purple light is for bb messenger. I've never used it so I'm not sure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 04:29 PM
    do you use jivetalk? or facebook? i don't have either but i've heard that they have various colors of led lights.
    09-03-08 04:30 PM
    I do use Facebook but I've never seen the purple light. Doesn't explain why the whole phone reset though.
    09-03-08 04:32 PM
    I think the purple light is for bb messenger. I've never used it so I'm not sure

Nope. BBM uses the standard red LED indicator

If you have BBAlerts set up... maybe it messed up and displayed the wrong color, but I assume you do not have it... since you are wondering about the color. If you have JiveTalk, it could be that as well...

Lastly, and most rare : maybe the BlueTooth Light and your red indicator light flashed at the same time and made purple. lmao (just kidding...)
    09-03-08 04:36 PM
    Nope. BBM uses the standard red LED indicator

If you have BBAlerts set up... maybe it messed up and displayed the wrong color, but I assume you do not have it... since you are wondering about the color. If you have JiveTalk, it could be that as well...

Lastly, and most rare : maybe the BlueTooth Light and your red indicator light flashed at the same time and made purple. lmao (just kidding...)
    Sad thing is that was the only conclusion I could come to on my own. I thought maybe they both tried to go off at the same time. Making a purple light and then crashing the phone.
    09-03-08 04:44 PM
    Hehe, yeah the purple light is pretty cool. I use it for my JiveTalk notifications.
    09-03-08 05:00 PM
    Sad thing is that was the only conclusion I could come to on my own. I thought maybe they both tried to go off at the same time. Making a purple light and then crashing the phone.
    Thats what I'm guessing because there is no purple light in the phone. There is only green, red, and blue.
    09-03-08 05:01 PM
    Thats what I'm guessing because there is no purple light in the phone. There is only green, red, and blue.
    That leaves alot of possibilities when you mix'em!
    09-03-08 05:03 PM
    That leaves alot of possibilities when you mix'em!
    Thats true, maybe there are programs out there that utilize them in such a fashion. That would be cool.
    09-03-08 05:04 PM
    If that's the case you'd think they would have included yellow rather than green. Any color you want.
    09-03-08 05:08 PM
    Dude, That Is Very Strange. However You Do Have A Cdma Version Of The Curve And That Extra Color (purple) May Have Been Added By Rim As An Error Light, Because Like You Said, It Did Restart On It's Own.

P.s. Yellow Is A Low Battery Indicator Light.:d
    09-03-08 06:33 PM
    I know from experience when I was using Instant Messaging (not BB messenger), the LED was purple on my phone. That's the only time I've ever seen it.
    09-03-08 08:53 PM
    I know JiveTalk enables you to use different colors for your status alert - I particularly like the purple and turquoise.

Someone who can program should make a program to change the regular status light!

09-03-08 09:01 PM
    I downloaded this thing called blackberry alerts but I cant remember where on this forum I found it. I am using the trial for 8 days, you can custom the LED to blink either red, blue, green , orange, yellow, purple and white for your notifications. The cool think about it is you have 3 custom choices of mixing red, blue and green. For example 100-RED 50-BLUE and 60-GREEN would mix a color. I downloaded it on my wifes pink curve and mixed the 3 to get a pinkish-purple. Its pretty cool, but you have to buy it after the trial of course.

Sorry I cant remember where I got it but its called, Blackberry Alerts.
    09-03-08 09:10 PM
    Handango.com is where u go to buy it

09-24-08 07:24 PM
    handango.com has it.

I love it.. the sucky thing though, it has the option to change for PIN messages, but after searching, it doesnt change for the BB messages, it changes color with PIN Emails.. gah..

But yeh, its a neat pretty program LOL

And then with Jivetalk I have a greenish tourquiose..

My sms are hot pink
    my missed calls and voicemails are blue (some carriers wont work with voicemail colors but t-mo does)

And the list goes on...
    09-24-08 07:40 PM
    i might have to look into getting this... but if i switch berrys do i have to repurchase it?
    09-24-08 08:11 PM
    where do you get JiveTalk and what is it?

and CNET has the Blackberry Alerts as well
    09-24-08 08:26 PM
    Beejive. instant messaging anywhere for jivetalk, its the best all in one IM application out there. lets u change ur status like *as mentioned above* and I just changed it on my device *different led colors for im msg's* and it works awesome. If u plan on having more than 1 blackberry in the future and u like the service buy the transferable license u can take it w/ u to ur next bb and any others in the future.
    09-24-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD