the wife got a new Samsung Moment, so i wanted to try out her Curve, so I had it activated.

The lady at the store said it should be good to go, if not do "this". The wife forgot what "this" is.

So I get the phone, nothing works, no text, data, phone, nothing. Thinking whatever maybe it will take a little bit. 30 minutes later, battery pull, nothing.

Decide to peek around, go in and try to Start Provision on Sprint PCS in the Mobile Network options screen, it starts...says "Preparing Data Services..." than says "Provisioning is cancelled."

Called *2, she had me battery pull, than try to Start Provisioning, than battery pull again and try again. Than she gave up and gave me some number to "BB Tech Support" and when I tried to call that...i got a "This Number has been disconnected."

So now I sit here...with a Curve that is a paperweight and still won't connect or provision. Any clues?

Suppose I can just reactivate my old HTC Diamond. (edit: tried this...sprint.com won't let me do it.)
    05-20-10 02:57 AM
    Do you have a dat plan..?
    Try to do it again after leavig the battery out for 30 seconds or 20 minutess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 05:59 AM
    Sprint reps have no clue how to swap a blackberry, I just had to deal with this when I gave my daughter my old 8330m.

It's still programed for your wife's line, which is why it wont provision. Call customer service and tell them you need the MSL so you can reprogram the phone for your line. They will try and get you to do all the steps you've already done, just be insistent, and call back if you have to.

Once you have it, press ##RTN and send on the phone like you're making a call, and on the little box that pops up put in the MSL.

Wait for it to do its programming thing and reboot, then it should say "Activation Required" at the top of the screen.

Now you can provision it. You may have to go on Sprint's website and do an ESN swap first to add it to your line, though.
    05-20-10 07:55 AM
    well on sprint.com it's listed under my number.

however when i'd call *2 it would ask if i'm calling about her number and i'd have to type in my phone number. so the idea that the phone is programmed under hers makes sense.

i'll be sure to try that out. thanks.
    05-20-10 08:21 AM
    called *2, says the line i've been using was disconnected in April of '09...

no MSL code, nothing pops up for them.

EDIT: Resolved, looked up the wifes account(even though we share an account?) and got it no problem, phone is wiping now.
    Last edited by nRRe; 05-20-10 at 09:08 AM.
    05-20-10 09:02 AM
    I think Sprint hires trained chimps.
    05-20-10 09:06 AM
    I think Sprint hires trained chimps.
    Chimps are to smart to do that kind of work
    05-20-10 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD