Hi everyone. I have been surfing this site for a week now, (since I found it). I have used the search feature and found what I could, but am still interested in finding what you guys suggest for me. I am the brand new owner of a curve 8320 (traded up from my sidekick slide), and am totally hooked, I have no idea how in the world I EVER got along without this baby I am looking for your suggestions on the best product to protect the phone without adding too much bulk to it. I have installed the invisishield already (love those)...now I would like to protect the body. There are so many products out there, its hard to choose. I also wanted to say hello to everyone out there, I am very happy to have found this site!!
    05-04-08 02:59 AM
    Hello and welcome.

I would say stick with the Shield. I used both BSE and the Shield and the lifetime warranty, the spray being included and more durable protection is worth the extra $$$ to me.
    05-04-08 03:29 AM
    05-04-08 03:48 AM
    Jayden, is thre really a huge difference between the IS and BSE products? I know you've tried both. I have only ever seen the BSE offering. I am happy with the BSE product except for the feel of the phone afterwards. The nice feel of my phone has gone and is replaced by the soft, slightly sticky feel of the BSE skin. The smell is different too. Not, you understand that I go aroound sniffing phones....lol but, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Is the IS just the same as regargs the tactile effect? What was your reference to 'spray being included' please?

Thanks - Pete
    05-04-08 04:13 AM
    Jayden, is thre really a huge difference between the IS and BSE products? I know you've tried both. I have only ever seen the BSE offering. I am happy with the BSE product except for the feel of the phone afterwards. The nice feel of my phone has gone and is replaced by the soft, slightly sticky feel of the BSE skin. The smell is different too. Not, you understand that I go aroound sniffing phones....lol but, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Is the IS just the same as regargs the tactile effect? What was your reference to 'spray being included' please?

Thanks - Pete
    their made of the same material. the IS includes a small spray bottle of water and a form of soap (they call it a solution, i call it a gimmick used to hike the price up a bit).

they both felt the same to me when i saw the IS on my friends phone.
    05-04-08 05:53 AM
    Thanks for your reply that's interesting because the IS is nearly 4 times more expensive than the BSE product.

I had thought that because the IS was so much more that it must be made of some esoteric material. You say it seems to be the same stuff.

If its principally the same product, I'll stick with BSE and dunking it in washing up liquid at installation time.

Even thought IS offers a lifetime warranty, you can still buy at least two BSE's (incl. postage) for one IS.
    05-04-08 07:03 AM
    heh, i applied my BSE using the same method as the IS. i had a small squirt bottle, and some baby shampoo. i mixed my own solution and sprayed my fingers and the BSE like the IS sight suggests with theirs
    05-04-08 07:05 AM
    I like these Best Skins Ever Home Page
    05-04-08 07:27 AM
    heh, i applied my BSE using the same method as the IS. i had a small squirt bottle, and some baby shampoo. i mixed my own solution and sprayed my fingers and the BSE like the IS sight suggests with theirs
    You have surely seen on the BSE site that they reccomend using a dilute solution of water + some sopay liquid that is allows to stand until the bubbles have gone.

There is also a video of a BSE being applied.
    05-04-08 07:57 AM
    Me too, I have one on my 8100 and on my old 8310 (just sold). I have one on order for my new red 8310 that is on its way to me.

My question was, given that the IS is nearly 4 times more expensive, is it at least twice as good.

I have now had several votes for the BSE which is naturally more popular cuz it's a lot cheaper. I am now waiting to see if any of the IS supporters can make a case for buying an IS instead of a BSE.
    05-04-08 08:00 AM
    is or bse. welcome to cb!
    05-04-08 08:27 AM
    we just has the invisashield put on my moms curve and we had the guy at the place do it for us so we didnt have to do it ourself. my hubyy wants to put it on all his gagets and from what i can see it looks good and the feel is a little tacky but nothing you cant get used to.
    05-04-08 09:23 PM
    Welcome to CB
    05-04-08 09:40 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    05-04-08 10:52 PM
    You have surely seen on the BSE site that they reccomend using a dilute solution of water + some sopay liquid that is allows to stand until the bubbles have gone.

There is also a video of a BSE being applied.
    yeah, in the directions they tell you to dunk your BSE in a small bowl of water with one or two drops of baby shampoo.
    but the IS site tells you (and shows you in a video) to use their spray bottle of solution to wet your fingers, then peal off the IS from the wax paper, then spray the IS membrane, then apply the IS to your device.

i didnt dunk mine like BSE suggested, i made up the solution they recommend (water and soap, let stand till bubbles are gone) and put it in a small spray bottle, and did it the way IS suggests on their site instead.
    05-05-08 02:55 AM
    I think the BSE and Invisible Shield are the same except the BSE doesn't cover the black part of the Curve. BSE website says the black part doesn't make for a good surface for the skin to adhere to. I got the Invisible Shield because I wanted my whole phone covered. It worked great! I have had no problems with it. And it adheres fine to the black part.
    05-05-08 05:38 PM
    I think the BSE and Invisible Shield are the same except the BSE doesn't cover the black part of the Curve. BSE website says the black part doesn't make for a good surface for the skin to adhere to. I got the Invisible Shield because I wanted my whole phone covered. It worked great! I have had no problems with it. And it adheres fine to the black part.
    The BSE complete skin for the Curve comes in four parts. Front, back and two sides.
    05-05-08 05:43 PM
    Wow, thanks for the great responces to everyone, much appreciated. Sorry I dissapeared, I went on days off lol. Anyhow, I appreciate all your answers, and will cehck into both IS and BSE. I also purchased the insurance, with the keyboard being openfaced like it is, I am scared to death of spilling something on it, (sidekick slide hid and protected it). But In wouldnt go back even for that, this thing has me hooked but good lol. Thanks again everyone
    05-07-08 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD