I use a password. Helps tons with nosy workers ugh they get on my nerves.
    06-09-08 09:42 PM
    Does the alarm still work normally if a password is set and the phone locks? can I still hit snooze? or have to unlock first?
    06-09-08 09:57 PM
    Yes you can use the alarm still, same for the phone. If it rings you can answer it without unlocking it.

msblueline

Does the alarm still work normally if a password is set and the phone locks? can I still hit snooze? or have to unlock first?
    06-09-08 10:01 PM
    I used password and content protection when I went on vacation abroad. At home I don't need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 10:55 PM
    I'm not at all suggesting you use your blackberry for anything unethical, immoral, or illegal, but is there nothing private on it? Family phone numbers? Addresses? Bank acct numbers? Pins? Stuff a thief could use? I know you're not a novice; I'm making these points for the broader readership, not you.

06-09-08 11:13 PM
    I don't have a password. I have never lost a phone and I don't plan on it anytime soon, I wont set a password. No one touches my bb besides me.
    06-09-08 11:15 PM
    I use a password. In case I lose it I won't have to wonder about mine and my contacts' privacy.

06-09-08 11:20 PM
    Little kids like to NOT pay attention to what they are told.

My oldest, 10 yrs old, likes to push buttons. May be an accident, but, I don't want a deleted Blackberry. But hey that's me.

She might think, wipe, wow! will this clean up a spill, let's see... Oops!

And yes, very protective of my info on here to.

msblueline

06-09-08 11:20 PM
    Nay on the password on my Curve.
    06-09-08 11:21 PM
    I password. I have my name and have a message that says thanks for finding me, then I give the address to the local police department and PD phone number, asking for it to be taken there.

06-09-08 11:47 PM
    I've had my curve for about a month and haven't used a password, but i've been thinking about it lately. after reading this thread, i just set one up.

wanna thank jeffh for the great posts here
    06-10-08 08:39 AM
    password protected
    06-10-08 08:59 AM
    I password. I have my name and have a message that says thanks for finding me, then I give the address to the local police department and PD phone number, asking for it to be taken there.

What happens if you don't lose it in the same city as that PD Dept??
    06-10-08 10:06 AM
    My screen has a toll-free number which goes back to my help desk. So it doesn't matter where I lose it, if somebody finds it and is willing to make a free call, I can get it back.

06-10-08 10:25 AM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD