When you get a voice mail message notification, which ringtone is it supposed to use? I would expect it to use the ringtone that I have set for MESSAGES, but instead, it uses the ringtone that I have set for SMS Text. So now, I can't tell (from sound alone) if I have a voice mail message or a text message waiting.

For example, in my Normal profile (which is my active profile), I have the MESSAGES tune set to Notifier_Nymph (for both in and out of holster). My SMS Text tune is set to Horse_Snorting (for both in and out of holster). However, when I receive a voice mail message, the "alert" sound that I get is the Horse_Snorting, not the Notifier_Nymph (as I would expect).

Are my expectations wrong, or is there something wrong here? I don't remember my voice mail message alert tune and my SMS Text alert tune always being the same, but maybe I just never noticed before.

Any ideas?
    06-21-08 11:58 AM
    When you get a voice mail message notification, which ringtone is it supposed to use? I would expect it to use the ringtone that I have set for MESSAGES, but instead, it uses the ringtone that I have set for SMS Text. So now, I can't tell (from sound alone) if I have a voice mail message or a text message waiting.

For example, in my Normal profile (which is my active profile), I have the MESSAGES tune set to Notifier_Nymph (for both in and out of holster). My SMS Text tune is set to Horse_Snorting (for both in and out of holster). However, when I receive a voice mail message, the "alert" sound that I get is the Horse_Snorting, not the Notifier_Nymph (as I would expect).

Are my expectations wrong, or is there something wrong here? I don't remember my voice mail message alert tune and my SMS Text alert tune always being the same, but maybe I just never noticed before.

Any ideas?
    I'm on a VZ Pearl -- in the notification settings I have one labeled "LEVEL 1 MESSAGES" which represents VMs. There's a separate SMS and MMS along with the normal phone and email notifs. Might be different for your carrier but just experiment with all the options you have and you'll find it.
    06-21-08 07:51 PM
    LGL...thanks for trying to help. For Level 1 Messages, I have an entirely different tune set. As a matter of fact, I have a different tune set for every single type of message and/or alert, and this is still happening.

Hmmm...perhaps voice mail messages have always just used the tune set for SMS Text, and I just never noticed that it was the same tune for both things before today.
    06-21-08 08:03 PM
    LGL...thanks for trying to help. For Level 1 Messages, I have an entirely different tune set. As a matter of fact, I have a different tune set for every single type of message and/or alert, and this is still happening.

Hmmm...perhaps voice mail messages have always just used the tune set for SMS Text, and I just never noticed that it was the same tune for both things before today.
    My vm tune has always been my sms tune. Under message options there's an option to make pin messages level 1 yes/no which i thought was bb msg but there is an option for that under profiles. change that to no and see what u get
    Actually I just read that you can use Level 1 messages to filter certain e-mails. So actually it will be only the SMS tune as ur VM tune.
    Last edited by yaabeng; 06-22-08 at 11:27 AM.
    06-22-08 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD