Is there a easier way to set a profile for normal with the ringtone set and have it as a default for other profiles as the ringer? I am pretty sure there was a way to do it for my blackberry 8700 but I dont remember how to do it so that its the same way on my curve.
    10-09-07 08:58 AM
    if i'm understanding you correctly your wanting ONE mp3 to play for all profiles as your phone ringer ...

go to media >> ring tones >> all ring tones >> find the ring tone your wanting to use >> menu >> set as phone tune

this should set the phone ringer in all profiles to the selected ring tone
    10-09-07 02:53 PM
    I am not sure what you are asking. Do you mean you set a ringtone in the normal profile and it changes the ringtone to that in all the profiles?
    I was never aware of a way to do that.

If not, could you clarify the question.
    10-09-07 03:06 PM
    if i'm understanding you correctly your wanting ONE mp3 to play for all profiles as your phone ringer ...

go to media >> ring tones >> all ring tones >> find the ring tone your wanting to use >> menu >> set as phone tune

this should set the phone ringer in all profiles to the selected ring tone
    I am not sure what you are asking. Do you mean you set a ringtone in the normal profile and it changes the ringtone to that in all the profiles?
    I was never aware of a way to do that.

If not, could you clarify the question.
    That's why I never knew how to do it, my BB can't do ringtones.
    10-09-07 03:07 PM
    I learned that from a document I found from RIM online awhile ago ... I'm still trying to track it down again ...
    10-10-07 02:33 PM
    I couldnt find what I read earlier ... but this I found in the BB Curve User Guide

Set the same ring tone for all notification profiles
    1. In the profile list, click Advanced.
    2. Highlight a notification profile.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    4. Click Show Tunes.
    5. Click a media folder that contains ring tones.
    6. Highlight a ring tone.
    7. Press the Menu key.
    8. Click Set As Phone Tune.
    so I guess the moral of the story is there is more than one way to skin a cat
    10-10-07 02:50 PM
    Thats what I was looking for but I cant seem to do it with the blackberry curve.

I couldnt find what I read earlier ... but this I found in the BB Curve User Guide

so I guess the moral of the story is there is more than one way to skin a cat
    10-10-07 08:24 PM
    i have tried it with both of the methods that i mentioned above on my curve and they both work for me ...
    10-11-07 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD