Ok, the only reason I'm making this in its own thread is because i REALLY REALLY want this darn OS updated!

I have downloaded both the most recent DM and OS to my desktop, and every time I try uploading the 4.5 OS to my phone, I get a fatal error message when the DM says it is connecting to boot ROM phase. At that point, my phone seems to have restarted itself and then the error message comes up.

Second question, is let's say I decide to wait for the official 4.5 OS to come out, but want to still upgrade my OS from what I currently have loaded on my phone. How do I delete the 4.5 OS so it won't try uploading that one when I connect to the DM?

Thank you for your help!!!
    Last edited by jackiescivic; 07-26-08 at 10:04 PM.
    07-26-08 10:01 PM
    Have you tried wiping your device with JL_CMDER? If not, do so. Before doing so, backup your data. Then try to upgrade your OS. Also ensure you are upgrading with the correct with for your device.

8300 has a different one from the 8310 and then 8320.

07-26-08 10:54 PM
    No, I have not done that. I will definitely give it a try in the morning before I leave for work. I sure hope it works!
    07-27-08 12:03 AM
    No, I have not done that. I will definitely give it a try in the morning before I leave for work. I sure hope it works!
    Not sure how much time you have to get ready for work, but updating the OS can take a while. Please allow yourself time to do that. Wait til you get home from work so that you're not trying to rush through it because once it starts, you have to allow it to complete before unplugging your BB. I'd hate to see it turn to a brick- even though there's a fix for that too- but still.
    07-27-08 12:07 AM
    Yeah I thought about that when I woke up a half hour ago, since I would only have an hour. I'm just impatient, what can I say LOL
    07-27-08 07:56 AM
    Have you tried wiping your device with JL_CMDER? If not, do so. Before doing so, backup your data. Then try to upgrade your OS. Also ensure you are upgrading with the correct with for your device.

8300 has a different one from the 8310 and then 8320.

Ok well that didn't work either. Couldn't even get the darn thing to connect to my berry.

It seems as if each time I try d/ling the OS to my berry and it gives me that error, it disconnects my DM from the berry and my USB cable is rendered useless for at least an hour
    07-27-08 07:12 PM
    ok so I wiped the berry this morning, and then went to walmart and bought a new USB cable. Now I just have to figure out how to get everything back.

Dang it, it looks like it's the port on my phone afterall
    07-28-08 10:05 AM
    There is another possibility.

Double check the device OS install. Make sure it is specific to your device, the 8300.

Windows / Control Panel / Uninstall a program.

If you have 8310, 8320 or 8330 that would be a problem.
    07-28-08 10:59 AM
    It's not the OS, it's the port on my phone. The DM won't even acknowledge it. If I leave the phone alone for a couple hours it will work one time, but then I have to leave it alone again.

Contacted the seller I got it from and he is going to send me a new one, but I have to send him this one first
    07-28-08 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD