How can I delete old history from new texts messages? For some reason everytime my wife texts me a new message, when I open it up several old messages from her and my replies from months ago are still attached. I found where it says I can delete history. I do this and it works for that time, but when I erase all the messages and she sends a new one they are right back. Again this only happens from one number. thanks in advance.
    10-19-08 08:17 PM
    By default you will see a number of previous messages when you view an SMS from a contact, if you have messages from them. I suspect you aren't deleting your old text messages.

Go to Messages > Menu > Options > General. Scroll to the bottom and set Keep Messages to 30 days. This will automatically delete any message you have older than 30 days, unless otherwise saved.
    10-19-08 08:32 PM
    It is already set at 30 days so I changed it to 15. had my wife just text me and old ones from back in august are still there.
    10-19-08 08:41 PM
    Try pulling the battery and seeing if your device will delete the old messages.
    10-19-08 08:49 PM
    Tried that.
    10-19-08 08:53 PM
    Are all those messages still in your message or sms folder?
    10-19-08 10:28 PM
    Let me try to better explain. Let's say I clean out all my sms messages from everyone (sent and received). Then I get an sms from a friend. I open it and all that is there is the message, time date and whatnot. when I get one from my wife; it will always show up the new message she just sent plus it will still show past messages from a certain date back, kinda like a conversation from past sms texts. This only happens when she sends texts. I can click blackberry button and it shows a "delete history" and that will erase the older texts and keeps the most recent one. Then i delete all texts again. She sends another one and whalah the old ones are back......
    10-20-08 04:34 PM
    Have you saved any of her texts? Check your saved folder that may be where they are coming from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 04:43 PM
    Oh well, thanks for all help. I did a wipe of phone and it fixed it.
    10-20-08 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD