Please can anyone one help im on the o2 network with an 8310 and when people send me long texts i dont get them but do receive short messages can i do anything about this

many thanks
    Tony
    08-09-08 02:23 PM
    Uh. Pardon my ignorance, but what is o2? Is your carrier the periodic table of elements?
    08-09-08 02:26 PM
    Hello and welcome!

They're supposed to be short:

SMS definition (Phone Scoop)
    08-09-08 02:27 PM
    Uh. Pardon my ignorance, but what is o2? Is your carrier the periodic table of elements?
    LOL Jenay, you're funny!

O2 – The UK's Leading Provider of Mobile Phones & Broadband
    08-09-08 02:29 PM
    Hehehe....
    08-09-08 02:30 PM
    Hi Tony & welcome to CB.

I can receive long sms messages fine on 02 with no problems. when they arrive I get the first bit then there is a pause before the rest arrives. Can you send them ok?
    08-09-08 02:34 PM
    SMS messages are limited to 160 characters. This stands to reason, as SMS = short messenging service.

Generally, when an individual sends another a text which is longer than 160 charcters, the text will simply arrive in two parts. This may be a network issue in your case.
    08-09-08 02:35 PM
    yes many thanks i understand what sms means but i have never had this issue with any other phone ive had im just not receiving any of the long text at all i will speak to my service provider ....thats o2 ...but thanks for the advice. !

Hazysky ..many thanks but your help yes i can send texts ok but i cannot receive any legnthy ones at all

Tony
    08-10-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD