A number of months ago my wife wanted some music on her 8330. We got the SD card got the music moved over in .wma format and things worked fine. I'm pretty sure I used WMP to move the files over as they are all stored in WMA Lossless and there is a profile setup on the SD card for WMP. I honestly don't remember the exact steps.

Fast forward to today, she wants some more music on the card. I open up WMP and move some more files over. They seem to convert fine and get synced over and I see them on the E drive.

But when I go to play them, I don't get an error, it just acts like it skips the song, it goes from one song to the next to the next. I've tried multipe times and get the same issue. When I plug the BB back in to the computer and go the E drive and try to play the file via WMP, it plays fine.

The files that were on the card before play just fine on the player.

I've tried dragging and dropping the files and because they are WMA Lossless they give an error when I try to play them.

Anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks,
    Josh
    07-09-09 03:24 PM
    So the 8330 used to play WMA files, but now it does not? or it plays the old ones and not the new ones?

What OS is it?
    07-09-09 03:31 PM
    I still plays the old files, just not the new ones.

I'm not sure what the OS is, I'll have to check at home tonight.
    07-09-09 04:54 PM
    There must be a difference in how they were encoded, were they both ripped from CD's? or downloaded? or some other way? The Curve should support all types of WMA from os 4.3 and up (Maybe 4.5 up?)

maybe just re-encode them to mp3/m4a?
    07-09-09 05:36 PM
    They were recorded the same, WMP may be different, not sure.

She is running 4.3.0.127 so it looks like she is behind. I'll try that first.
    07-09-09 10:52 PM
    I am having a similar problem. I had a Curve 8330 and then upgraded to a storm. My wma files played and could be used as ring tones on the curve but not on the storm.

Any advice?
    09-17-09 07:20 PM
    Having the same problem as well as my curve downloads songs from Sprint Music Store but I can't find them on my phone or memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD