I bought and installed a new pink housing from CNN on my girlfriends Curve. After installing the parts and snapping it all together, I screwed in the two small screws at the top. After I did that, one of the sides popped out and after pushing it back in multiple times, I had to take the faceplate off again to fix it.

In doing that, I ended up shearing the small screw in half, and that half is stuck in the midplate frame and the other half came out. I can't screw the faceplate back on at the top anymore. That leaves a gap between the back and the faceplate which I don't like.

Is there a way to get that piece out? Or am I royally screwed?
    10-22-08 09:03 AM
    Maybe take it to a small electronics store to see if they can get it out, Im not sure how to do that with the screw broken off, there isnt anything for the screwdriver to grasp onto...

Maybe google has a suggestion, but I personally would take it somewhere
    10-22-08 09:05 AM
    Maybe take it to a small electronics store to see if they can get it out, Im not sure how to do that with the screw broken off, there isnt anything for the screwdriver to grasp onto...

Maybe google has a suggestion, but I personally would take it somewhere
    I was hoping I wouldn't have to take it in anywhere, but you're probably right. This is turning into a bigger project than I would have hoped.
    10-22-08 09:40 AM
    I did something like that and was able to use pliers to turn the broken piece out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 12:20 PM
    a lot of people have been breaking screws lately, must be that HULK movie just hitting DVD
    10-22-08 12:45 PM
    I did something like that and was able to use pliers to turn the broken piece out.

Ah true. I didn't even think about that...thanks!

It doesn't bother her at all, but its a small gap and I want her curve to look perfect!
    10-22-08 09:38 PM
    That happened 2 me when I changed my housing. I used a pliers 2 get it out.

10-22-08 10:38 PM
    That happened 2 me when I changed my housing. I used a pliers 2 get it out.

I didn't realize that this was such a common problem. They should make titanium screwsets for the curve haha
    10-23-08 12:01 AM
    I didn't realize that this was such a common problem. They should make titanium screwsets for the curve haha
    I will say the same thing happened to me as well. I took some needle nose pliers and yanked it out.
    10-23-08 02:16 AM
    I took everyone's' advice, and with a microscope and some tweezers that little screw didn't stand a chance! Thanks for the help everyone!
    10-29-08 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD