When I get a new text message my phone lags for a bout 30 secs or so, and it's really annoying when trying to select the message and reply to it.

When typing the message the letters show up after I have typed the next few letters and they just kinda pop up two letters at a time.

It just started happening last night or so and I did a few battery pulls and then I just updated to OS to 4.5.0.124 but it is still doing it.

My file free is about 17,000,000 bytes.

Any ideas?
    02-04-09 04:46 PM
    Nobody has any ideas what's going wrong and how I should go about fixing?
    02-04-09 06:47 PM
    The only thing I can say is that many message in inbox can make receiving messages slow down, regardless of memory. Slowness in other areas should not be caused by that. I would suggest calling T-Mobile customer care and saying "pda" at the prompt if you can't get further help on here.
    02-04-09 07:21 PM
    When I get a new text message my phone lags for a bout 30 secs or so, and it's really annoying when trying to select the message and reply to it.

When typing the message the letters show up after I have typed the next few letters and they just kinda pop up two letters at a time.

It just started happening last night or so and I did a few battery pulls and then I just updated to OS to 4.5.0.124 but it is still doing it.

My file free is about 17,000,000 bytes.

Any ideas?
    Does this happen all the time, or is this something new?
    Is there anything running in the background when this happens?
    An active app running in the background could cause the Berry to lag a little if it's downloading info from the internet.
    02-04-09 07:30 PM
    I found I was getting a lot of pauses and hesitations from my phone. I originally had 4.3 and it got worse as I upgraded to 4.5

What I ended up doing was a complete wipe and then reinstalled fresh with 4.5

Been running slick ever since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 07:31 PM
    Last night was the first time it ever did it. Nothing is shown as running in the application switcher other than those few apps that always show up. It stopped pretty soon after it started last night but I was going to sleep and didn't feel like messing with it at the time anyways.

This morning it was doing the same thing, I tried searching the forums with no luck and then saw the new OS thread so I went ahead and upgraded hoping that would help, it didn't.

I didn't have many messages in my inbox but somebody that I hadn't been talking to messaged me and I noticed there was no lag when replying, so I cleared my inbox.

The problem stopped, but now it is starting back up and I don't have anywhere near the number of texts I have had in my inbox at one time.
    02-04-09 07:57 PM
    I might have figured it out. I remember that I changed the previous views on my sms text from the default of 7 to 30 just because I like to be able to scroll down through a conversation sometimes. This would explain why it wasn't laggy for somebody that I hadn't been texting recently, and why it temporarily helped when I cleared my messages.

I changed it to 10 so I'll keep yall updated on how it changes
    02-04-09 08:29 PM
    Turns out that solved the problem, no more laggy typing when replying to texts. Thanks for the input guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD