Hey guys, new to the forum. I just a got a brand new BlackBerry Curve 8330, and a brand new 4gig MicroSDHC out of the box from radioshack so I doubt it's a bad one. Any idea on how to format it? It isn't formatting on my windows laptop or blackberry. whenever I try to format it on the blackberry, the blackberry either freezes or says "Cannot be formatted."

Thanks for all help.
    10-30-08 05:35 PM
    They usually don't need to be formatted, but if you can't format it with your computer or your BlackBerry it might be bad. Did you try enabling mass storage mode and dragging and dropping some files on it,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 05:44 PM
    Try moving that lil slider thing on the side up or down to see if it works...

10-30-08 05:53 PM
    Yeah, and it says it needs to be formatted first, and I tried that no luck it says "Windows cannot complete format."
    10-30-08 05:55 PM
    I've had both a 2 and 4gb card and both times I just installed it in the phone and used it.
    10-30-08 06:03 PM
    doesn't work for me...

Bronx stand up!
    10-30-08 06:10 PM
    Sounds like the card's bad. You are going to options> media card> push menu button> select format card? Had to ask. If that doesn't work, get a new card. You shouldn't have to format it.

10-30-08 06:23 PM
    Not all the memory card readers can read the 4GB SDHC cards when inserted in standard SD to microSD adapters.

If your memory came alone without any SD to microSD adapter I guess there should be your problem, but if your card came with the SDHC adapter (doesn't mather if it's a microSD to USB or a microSD to SD adapter) and you can't format it chances are that the memory is bad.
    A couple of months ago I did the mistake of taking out my 6 months old 4GB SDHC memory from my other phone, a Nokia E90, which had sensible data in word and excel, installed it on my Curve and unfortunately the card was damaged by the Curve once it tried to read it.

I had to purchase 2 new 4 GB cards one for each phone and both of them worked right away.

I tried every trick possible with the memory to format or scan it but is dead at all.
    10-30-08 06:27 PM
    Just put a new 8 gig sd card in my Curve with the new 4.5. I have my whole cd collection on it and still not half full !!
    schhhhwwwwinnnnnggggg!!
    10-31-08 06:22 AM
    Does the operating system on the Curve really matter? I've had mine for about a year, but I have to be honest, I really dont have much of an idea how to make the most of my blackberry. I really want to rip a DVD we use for our Sales Calls on a memory card and watch it on the curve, is that possible?
    11-05-08 04:09 PM
    More than likely, the computer can't read a card over 2gb. There is a microsoft update that will fix this.

Also, I think the OS does make a difference. 4.3 only accepts up to 8gb and 4.5 accepts up to 16gb. Can someone confirm?

11-05-08 05:42 PM
    I'm not sure if the Curves support SDHC cards...I think only regular SD. I could be 100% incorrect, though!
    11-06-08 09:42 AM
    Yes they do, i have an 8 gig one
    11-06-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD