Well i got the empower email viewer the one for $30.00 a couple of months ago and everything worked fine. Then i installed the new 4.5OS and of course empower no longer worked. but to my surprise i found out that they had an update for 4,5 now this is were the problem begins. I went to the website to download the update but they were asking me for a purchase number but i no longer had the info i received when i purchased it through crackberry, so there was a spot on the bottom that said if you could not remember the number then they would email the information that i needed. So i preceded to put in my email but as i clicked enter i got a message that said they did not have my email on file. So i tried again and got the same message. I then wrote them an email with them stating that they would email me back with in 24 hours they said they promise. Well i never got an email so much for promises. I then wrote them another email and guess what!!! they never wrote back. so after 3 days of this i gave up and decided to write in the forum and maybe someone can help me out, because it looks like the company who made the program can easily take your money but screw you on the support.

Thank you
    Steve
    06-05-08 10:37 PM
    I've had similar experiences when upgrading/replacing my phone. 2 of the 3 times I have had to email them 3+ times to get any action. Then when you do, its like you're bothering them. This last time (last week when I switched from the 8300 to the 8310) I almost jumped ship to BBSmart, but then I would just be out another $30. Bottom line is be the "squeaky wheel". If they are going to put the statement that they will respond within 24 hours....and don't....they deserve to hear about it. Over and over again. The experience has definitely soured my view of their product. Good luck.
    06-06-08 07:42 AM
    On their web site they mention they have changed their licensing approach and there is a link to transfer your license key to the current license. Put the new key in after you update to the version that works on 4.5 and all is well!
    06-06-08 08:17 AM
    Thanks for posting this.

I was really torn between Empower and BBsmart...I guess I have my answer now!

A product is only as good as the support
    06-06-08 08:23 AM
    I just sent empower an email with old pin and new pin they told me to reregister and it worked no problem!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 08:49 AM
    Well I guess I'll be the 1st here to say that I'm one of those customers that emailed them & they responded w/In 24 hrs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 08:52 AM
    I got great support from the Empower folks when I changed phones. I just emailed 'em my old and new PIN's and they fixed me right up...
    06-06-08 09:08 AM
    same for me no problems they were great maybe depends on who you get? Sorry to hear you had a problem I really like there software
    06-06-08 10:57 AM
    Don't know. I tried upgrading from my "standard" to Pro and their web site didn't work. I sent them 4 emails and got no response after the first one to buy. Ended up buying a full package HTML viewer and will use the other license to give to my brother. I received no support after the first email.
    06-06-08 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD