Hey Everyone,
    So i'm a geek and I poke around with all my new stuff. I was curious to see what would happen if i made a call straight from the media player while music was playing. well the call went through, but the headphones and mic (from here on: headset) were dead and i had to talk with the unit (from here on handset) to my face. after hanging up, no more headphone functionality for phone or media player. Me=pissed because i had it for 2 days, and purchased it to replace my stolen ipod and my aging 7290 in one shot.

I tried every concievable menu option (i've been admining Bberries for about 4 years now and actually helped cingular beta the 7290's bluetooth implementation before they released the phone in the wild (not that they told me i was doing it, i guess i was the "live and learn" control group, so i'm sure that i had looked everywhere) and the only thing that was at all a clue was that there was an option in the media player to "activate handset" or "activate speakerphone" depending on which mode you were in.

So i suffered for about 6 days, called att and got pushed over to RIM (always a good thing) tech support. They had no idea and had never heard of the issue. after 6 days and no call back from RIM, i decided to put in just a regular old stereo headset (no mic) and see if maybe it was my headset that was broken. No dice, still no portable personal music (needless to say i was a very sad fat man at this point.). i pulled out the headset and music started to blast out of the speakerphone (not necessarily the best thing to happen in a silent japanese corporate office at 4:30 pm). as i frantically tried to unlock and then stop the music, i realized right as i was clicking the activate handset option, that both the activate speakerphone and activate handset options were available, so i activated handset, plugged in the heapphones again, still no love, i pulled them out, and voila, music on speaker phone, both the "activate speakerphone" and "activate handset" options were available in the menu. i plugged the headphones back in, and i had music playing through the headphones (c-rayz walz "battle me" to be precise). I jumped up, kissed my Japanese boss fully on the lips and did a happy dance (actually, that never happened, but if i had leisons on my frontal temporal lobe that caused me to lose my inhibitions and do socially inappropriate, yet hysterically funny things, i totally would have).
    I have yet to test out the headset/mic call funtionality, but i'm pretty sure it's intact. If it isn't i will post another reply saying it is not, if i don't post, assume that it is. I reported my solution back to RIM. I asked them to stop being cheap bastards and send me a leather slip case, or any sort of holster like every other blackberry comes with out of the box but apparently the 8310 comes packaged without, but he's "not in sales" (and apparently slightly lacking in the sense of humor department, or maybe there was a bit of language barrier as i am in New york city and he is a native tagalog speaker living in singapore...) and doesn't have acces to things like that. anywho, i done figgered it out. and if anyone runs into the same issue and doesn't understand my fix, just reply and i'll try to clarify.
    hope this helps some one else because it made my month!
    -Big Mike
    Last edited by bigmikejerz; 11-12-07 at 04:44 PM.
    11-12-07 04:39 PM
    Big Mike!

That has been doing me head for weeks!!!

I havn't been able to get music through the headphones, and I swear that I had months ago...

All the tips are plug in the headset BEFORE....

DOH...

Thanks again ;-)

Stu
    06-17-08 06:38 AM
    Just got an 8310 with the same issue. What is the fix? It seems to happen to me when I turn the phone off. Also, I am having trouble getting music to play thru my bluetooth headset. Same issue only music only thru handset or speaker phone.
    06-29-08 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD