okay so today i got my black housing from gsm4world. i just started to take the phone apart, the whole hosuing brought tools also so i thought that was pretty good. now, i'm having problems with the top 2 screws! none of the screwdrivers work for these?! they don't seem to be doing anything! and i don't want to scrape the screws on the phone! did anyone have this problem when changing their housings? what can i do now?
    03-02-09 02:24 PM
    What do you mean, "they aren't doing anything"?

They do not fit? The screws are stripped?

Whatever you do, don't turn real hard and fast, or you might break the screws, they are very thin and delicate.
    03-02-09 02:29 PM
    What do you mean, "they aren't doing anything"?

They do not fit? The screws are stripped?

Whatever you do, don't turn real hard and fast, or you might break the screws, they are very thin and delicate.
    yeah, they seem to not be doing anything, yeah i stopped doing anything once i noticed they don't fit because i didn't want to strip the screws. they say they gave me a t5 and t6 screwdriver but they both seem to not work
    03-02-09 02:31 PM
    just go buy a screwdriver that does work.
    03-02-09 02:33 PM
    On the housing, are there gold peices in the screw holes on the underside of the housing? or just wide open holes, if you dont have the gold filler things (I dont know what they are called) then you wont be able to screw them, and they need to be made aware of this issue
    03-02-09 02:34 PM
    A t 5 WILL work for the top screws, a t 6 is for the bottom screws to unscrew the side rails. Sounds though the gold connectors are not present.
    03-02-09 02:35 PM
    On the housing, are there gold peices in the screw holes on the underside of the housing? or just wide open holes, if you dont have the gold filler things (I dont know what they are called) then you wont be able to screw them, and they need to be made aware of this issue
    They are called screw inserts. I don't think Will's that far along Rachel, he is still trying to remove his OEM housing if I understand correctly.
    03-02-09 02:37 PM
    i actually found a t5 that works in my house lol, i'm surprised. it's all changed up now though!
    03-02-09 02:57 PM
    Glad to hear that. Now you can see if you left any dust on the inside of your lens or on your LCD.
    03-02-09 03:00 PM
    Glad to hear that. Now you can see if you left any dust on the inside of your lens or on your LCD.
    no of course not! i made sure to clean everything quite thoroughly hehe

here are some pics!

03-03-09 09:53 PM
    Looks good!...

I really like it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 09:56 PM
    I like the look of that. Now you will be annoyed of the dust.
    03-03-09 10:08 PM
    I have the oem housing that came with my phone, and it has dust under the plastic screen cover its only noticable when I'm in the sun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 11:03 PM
    Looks good thanks for sharing!
    03-03-09 11:06 PM
    thanks guys!

the dust hasn't been a problem to me hehe, and if dust were to get inside i could take the phone apart very easily and use some compressed air and brush to clean everything up real good
    03-03-09 11:14 PM
    quick question, so i need the t5 and t6 to take my faceplate off? one of my buttons is sticking and i wanna see what is causing it. the face plate doesnt just pop off?
    03-04-09 02:46 PM
    Just a t 5 to take the face plate off, the t 6 is needed to remove the screws at the bottom to remove the side rails and keyboard tray, but you can successfully take the plate off with just the t 5.
    03-04-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD