I am having a really hard time getting my contacts to sync properly from my Outlook to my Verizon 8330. I just cleaned up my Outlook contacts and I want all of those contacts to shoot over to my phone. However, when I attempt to do that, I end up with duplicates of almost every contact on my Blackberry. For example, if I have John Smith in my phone currently, and also have it on my computer, when I sync, I end up with two identical John Smith records on the BB. How in the world do I fix this? Coming from using a Treo, it just looked for differences and would reconcile the differences on both the phone and through my Outlook without making duplicates. Surely there is something I'm missing. Please be specific with any tips on how to set this up correctly through Blackberry Desktop Manager and keep in mind I have all duplicates on the phone that I don't want to sync over to Outlook.

Thanks.
    07-21-09 10:03 AM
    Check you sync setting and see if they are set to merge or desktop over writes. Sometimes its just a simple setting. another option if you have gmail is export your outlook contacts, then import into gmail, and all your contacts and calendar sync wirelessly.
    07-21-09 11:50 AM
    the only thing i can see that i can change thru blackberry desktop manager is the "conflict resolution" which i selected to say "outlook wins" because i want to wipe all of the contacts from the phone and just go with what is on the computer. that doesn't even work. i just re-synced and still have all duplicate contacts in the phone, but no duplicate contacts in outlook. what the **** am i doing wrong?
    07-21-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD