dear crackberry community,

after extensive googling, inquiries and research. I have great news as to what the problem is when random reboots and shutdowns. I have read on other sites and other forums that it could be OS upgrades and application additions, when in fact I have figured out my self that it has something to do with the battery. I don't know any of the technical terms or anything like that, but I have spoken also to a technician about this problem and has informed me that it had something to do with the battery where it is getting insufficient power, so what tends to happen is the battery will reset itself by shutting down or rebooting.

If you are not using the charger the phone came with the solution is pretty simple, you have to replace the battery with a new battery and use the charger the phone came with. What you should also do is make sure the phone is fully charged before taking it out of the cradle and using it. Also to add, make sure that you let the phone battery die out before charging it again. I was informed that if you keep short charging it the lithium ion cells will expand what what tends to happen is the battery will expand giving the battery a shorter life span. The test to do is, remove your battery from the phone and place it on the flat surface. Rock the battery and see if it is uneven in any way and if it is, it's time to replace the battery.

Hope this helped solve any problems with reboots and shutdowns you guys have.

It solved mine!
    09-22-08 08:29 AM
    "Also to add, make sure that you let the phone battery die out before charging it again. I was informed that if you keep short charging it the lithium ion cells will expand what what tends to happen is the battery will expand giving the battery a shorter life span."

Ive read countless other posts on here that you shouldnt do that with a berry battery.
    09-22-08 08:33 AM
    hrmm, haha well i do stand corrected then i guess. dont short charge it? lol i dont know im a noobie to this, just did the research and putting down what i know. thanks for the correction
    09-22-08 08:35 AM
    Lithium Ion Batteries cannot be deep discharged more than a few times before it needing to be replaced. In other words, do no let the battery go dead before you charge. Infact I would recommend no going beyond 25% before charging.

See wikipedia Lithium_ion_battery
    09-22-08 11:59 AM
    Lithium Ion Batteries cannot be deep discharged more than a few times before it needing to be replaced. In other words, do no let the battery go dead before you charge. Infact I would recommend no going beyond 25% before charging.

See wikipedia Lithium_ion_battery
    Interesting... Thanks!
    09-23-08 01:47 AM
    good work and thanks for the info
    09-23-08 01:53 AM
    I was told this by a BlckBerry Rrepair tech when my phone was in for repair. His theory was that the phone puts a load on the battery under certain circumstances http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/fau...e-boots-52991/. SInce then I have tried a number of tricks such as buying extra batteries and buying a hi-cap battery too. It has been impossible to prove or disprove.

I have shown a clear link with removing the Media Card when upgrading to OS 4.5 http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/os-...ia-card-43159/. Are the two related. I do not thnk so.

The more people that come to this conclusion, simply serves to raise the general consensus that this is the problem.

It is very clear that using the original BlackBerry wall charger is the best way of charging your BlackBerry. There are many threads that attest to this. This charger charges faster and battery charges (daily phone life) last longer using this unit.
    Last edited by Pete6; 09-23-08 at 02:06 AM.
    09-23-08 01:56 AM
    thank you .....
    09-23-08 08:51 AM
    you guys have more time on your hands than i do
    09-23-08 04:49 PM
    you guys have more time on your hands than i do
    they were just trying to provide helpful info.. if you don't have anything to say pertaining to the post don't say anything at all
    09-23-08 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD