I just upgraded from 4.5.0.77 to 4.5.0.138 and did two backups -- one before I started the upgrade, and one during the upgrade. However, my ringtones (profiles) are all messed up -- the ones I created exist on the BlackBerry, but the ringtones I chose for each action (calendar, email, SMS, etc) are reset to factory defaults.

Any ideas, other than to go through them all... again...?
    09-03-09 03:54 PM
    Try going in to dm and restoring the first backup you made before the upgrade. Might have lost something during the proccess. I lost all my 3rd party apps when I installed a hybrid OS and had to download them all again because the backup during the upgrade didn't keep them for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 05:02 PM
    I tried both backups, and neither restores the specific file I specified for each profile. I've done a battery pull to no avail.

It sounds like I might have to go through and do them all individually.

Maybe next time it'll work?
    Last edited by Tigerotor77W; 09-03-09 at 08:02 PM.
    09-03-09 07:58 PM
    Go in your backup file on the PC and see if the tones are in the correct folder. Your PC might have changed the names of the files in the backups since you did 2 of them so close together? If that's the case I would think all you would have to do is rename the files and then run the restore in DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 08:21 PM
    I run a Mac... :/

Something may have gotten messed up when I ran Desktop Manager today, but no errors showed up directly. (I grabbed the leaked version, here: Leaked: BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac!!!!! | CrackBerry.com)
    09-03-09 11:45 PM
    ... no other suggestions?
    09-08-09 11:49 PM
    Have you tried the advanced backup and restore section of desktop manager and loading just that one database file?
    09-09-09 07:20 PM
    Yup -- I've tried restoring just the two profiles (on a work computer now, but there's two profile databases).

I've reset the profiles now, so I think I might back them up, change them, and restore the backup and see what happens.
    09-09-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD