I use my task application all the time. Frankly if I don't have my "to-do's" in there, I won't remember them.

I'm confused about how they recur. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Example: let's say I want to enter a task of "pay bills" where it's due on Sept 30th, and I get reminded of this task everyday starting Sept 1st til Sept 30th.

I enter the task
    ..then enter the due date (sept 30)
    ..then I enter the reminder, by date (sept 1)
    ..followed by a daily recurrence reminder
    ..for the end date I set it to sept 30.

Then I save it and close out.

Now on Sept 1st, the reminder will alert me to the task. Now here's where I'm confused. What do I have to do in order to make this reminder go off again on Sept 2nd, and all the rest of the days up until Sept 30th?
    1st time I tried hitting "dismiss" but then it never reminded me again...
    then I just hit the return key (or red hangup key) and it didn't remind me again either...

With my old phone, I could just hit the red hang up key, and it would cancel the reminder for Sept 1st, but it would beep again on the sept 2nd and so on up until Sept 30th.

The only way I can make the daily reminder go off each day is to manually change the reminder date everyday, which seems wrong. If I have to manually change the reminder date everyday, then what's the point of setting a due date?

Please help as this is driving me nuts!!
    08-31-08 02:49 PM
    Try setting the Reminder to: "Relative" rather than a date.
    08-31-08 02:53 PM
    I'll try it. thanks
    08-31-08 02:55 PM
    You're welcome

Hope it helps.
    08-31-08 02:59 PM
    When the alert goes off is there no button for snooze? I know when I get alerted for appointments on the calendar there is a snooze and dismiss option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 01:36 AM
    No there's no snooze button. I can either open it or dismiss it. If I open it then I have to manually change the reminder date or it won't alert again, even though I have the reminder set to alert me every day up until the due date.

I tried using "relative" in place of putting a reminder date, and that didn't work either. All that does is alert me on the day the task is due. I need something that will alert me everyday until the due date, not just on the due date...

This sure seems like a glitch to me. I've gotta be doing something wrong...
    09-02-08 09:07 AM
    Sure does seem odd. Doesn't make any sense for there to be a reminder interval if it isn't going to alert you each occurance of the interval until the due date. But looking at the task app it appears to me it was meant to be a single reminder. At least I am assuming the recurance setting is for the task and not the reminder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 02:16 PM
    If you're looking for a reminder EVERY DAY, why not setup a task that repeats EVERY DAY instead of monthly?
    09-03-08 08:04 AM
    I have the task set up to repeat daily, but it only alerts me the 1st day, and then if I don't manually change the reminder to the next day, it won't alert me again....
    09-03-08 09:14 PM
    I'm having the same problem with version 4.3 of the software. Only alerts you the first time.
    09-12-08 03:50 PM
    I too, am having problems with recurring tasks. I will mark the task for every Friday, but after I hit the completed key, it will not show up again. Do I need to set the alarm for this to happen? Please help
    08-04-09 06:01 AM
    I was wondering why I wasn't seeing a Snooze button on my Calendar reminders either, then I finally noticed that there's a tiny "down" arrow on the alarm popup window, and when you scroll down below Open and Dismiss, there it is: Snooze...

Kind of lame that the popup doesn't auto-resize to show all buttons since there's enough room on the screen to do so, but... just glad the feature is there and working.

By the way, I'm running OS v4.5 on a Blackberry 8330 Curve.
    11-10-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD