A friend of mine has a curve 8300 (AT&T) and she's having problems with phone deleting emails, contacts, etc. I suggested that she do a battery pull and also check how much memory she has. This was her reply:

Hey, I tried to do what you suggested on my phone and I couldn't find anything on there about memory - but I went into options/advanced options, applications, etc. - and then I wrote down all the database 'sizes' then I took the battery out with it ON, as you suggested - and no change. In fact I tried to send my daughter a picture to her phone last night and it wiped stuff out again. I also noticed when I go to sync it on my computer I lose things on the calendar, so I'm not going to do that anymore! I live by that calendar! lol! What a pain!

Any suggestions? Any help would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by Rockdog97; 02-25-09 at 01:30 PM.
    02-25-09 01:22 PM
    Well I am very new to my bb, but when I got it the lady selling it to me very strongly recommended I get a memory card for it. She said if I didn't it would start deleting things like contacts (such as your problem). She also said if you start doing more email and things like that you might want to get a bigger memory card. So does your friend have a memory card in hers? Also if she does a lot of email and everything maybe she should get a bigger memory card and see if the problem stops?
    02-25-09 01:30 PM
    Your friend needs a memory card for pictures and ringtones.

She still needs to check her memory. Go to options > status. It will give her file memory.

Have her take a look at http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ as it will free up her memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 01:35 PM
    well to see the file free... goto options/status

also just deleting emails really dose not remove from device completely..

after deleting emails while in inbox select menu/options/email reconciliation

then menu/purge deleted items >> this wipes them completely from handheld

that should become habit every other day or more if heavy email user...
    Last edited by TedStriker412; 02-25-09 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling error
    02-25-09 01:35 PM
    Can you save emails/SMS to a memory card? I thought these were just saved on the device memory...

Anyhow, I'll have her check her memory and see where it's at and also look at the link for increasing her memory. But I do think that her dissappearing contacts, emails, etc is related to a memory issue. No?
    02-25-09 02:40 PM
    Thank you all for your help, I'm the friend and I will follow up on your suggestions!
    02-25-09 03:22 PM
    Yes it is probably related to memory. No emails cannot be saved to memory card. Attachments can be saved to memory cards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 03:28 PM
    also, go to ALT + LGLG to delete your event logs. this will free up some room.
    02-25-09 06:21 PM
    02-25-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD