I have this weird problem with my message indicator that just started the day before yesterday. It keeps saying that I have 1 unread message, but I don't have any unread messages.

I have tried battery pulls to no avail.

Also, I have 2 email messages that I cannot seem to delete (from a couple of weeks ago). I have no problem deleting any other email messages, but these 2 just won't go away!

It is probably something simple that I'm missing - not thinking clearly as I'm trying to quit smoking and giving up caffiene at the same time - so if anyone has any ideas as to how I can clear up my message indicator and get rid of these 2 old emails, please let me know.

Thanks.
    06-21-09 10:28 AM
    Not sure about the e-mail, but could the sticky message be a voice mail? I had the same problem and could not clear it until I called my voicemail.
    06-21-09 10:36 AM
    Not sure about the e-mail, but could the sticky message be a voice mail? I had the same problem and could not clear it until I called my voicemail.

No, I tried that already, just in case, but it is on my today theme under unread messages (1) and also on the indicator at the top - so it isn't a phone message.

But thanks.
    06-21-09 10:56 AM
    Check and make sure it isnt a saved message.
    06-21-09 11:14 AM
    If (and only if) the preceding tips don't help you solve your problem, try the procedure described in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/can...-method-39978/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 11:18 AM
    Check and make sure it isnt a saved message.
    Intersting. That took care of the message indcator. Seems it WAS a saved message and I deleted it but that brings me to now another problem.

I still can't delete the 2 emails and now I find messages and emails from March 7 to May 8 that I can't seem to delete either. I was able to delete all that were in there after that (including the culprit on my indicator) but I can't delete these.

Why would that be? I've tried highlighting all, tried highlighting just those by dates, tried individually, but can't get rid of them.

Weird!
    06-21-09 12:05 PM
    Now you can try the tip I posted. Just be sure you make a backup first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 12:10 PM
    Hmm, interesting. Have you tried the link Jeff gave you. Inside there is a likely solution to your problem.
    06-21-09 12:12 PM
    My husband has the exact same issue but with 7/1. He accidentally saved the message and now there is no way to delete it. We've tried everything. We might try the above recommendation. Let us know if it works for you. We are sure vexxed on this. grrrr. Melanie
    07-12-09 05:30 PM
    My husband has the exact same issue but with 7/1. He accidentally saved the message and now there is no way to delete it. We've tried everything. We might try the above recommendation. Let us know if it works for you. We are sure vexxed on this. grrrr. Melanie
    In the Messages folder, press Menu and select "View Saved Message." Select the message and press Delete.
    07-12-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD