Hi folks my company just upgraded everyone to the bb curve 8320 from Tmobile.
    I noticed when I install the BB user software it installs the roxio media manager along side it. Well to get the Plazmic stuff to work so I could make themes and such i had to update the desktop software in doing so it forced me to uninstall the current version that i had loaded from the disc. It also unistalled the media manager with it. Now i can not get the media manager reinstalled because it wants me to uninstall the desktop software and DOWNGRADE to the older one in the process.

I found a stand alone version of the new desktop manager with no roxio but i can NOT find a stand alone version of the roxio media manager to use and istall.
    Long story short no roxio = I cant admin any of the files I have on there. I can still use the desktop software to load apps and what not, and windows still dose not see the BB so i cant go through windows to do it eaither.

any ideas?

is there a stand alone version of roxio MM for BB users that I can load to regain controll of the files on my BB?
    04-28-08 02:52 PM
    I do not think there is a stand alone version of roxio mm but I am not 100% on that.

Welcome to CB!
    04-28-08 03:45 PM
    When you uninstall DM parts of that roxio junk stays on your system, you can try going into the add/remove program files and removing it and than try reinstalling DM again, it will know the same version of DM is already installed and should just ask you if you want to add the missing parts, media manager.
    04-28-08 03:49 PM
    When you uninstall DM parts of that roxio junk stays on your system, you can try going into the add/remove program files and removing it and than try reinstalling DM again, it will know the same version of DM is already installed and should just ask you if you want to add the missing parts, media manager.

yeah thats kind of the problem I need the most up to date version of the desktop manager for plazmic to work right, but if i use the disc. It tells me I have to unistall my current desktop software and won't let me install from the disc without doing so. It's also weird that without roxio installed I windows can not see my BB.
    04-29-08 04:16 PM
    Go to https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22 and download 430_b025_english_nomediamanager.exe.

Uninstall the Desktop Manager that you have and anything named Roxio on your PC.

Install the new file and then sync as normal with your PC.

Ha! You say. What about my media files?

Goto Options, Media Card and with the Media Card installed, goto Options, Media Card and set

Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Now when you connect you BB to the PC (provided DM is installed), the BB will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.

The Roxio Media Manager is a total POS imho (for legal reasons).
    04-29-08 04:31 PM
    Hi folks my company just upgraded everyone to the bb curve 8320 from Tmobile....
    Did they also spring for H@H service? I am sure a lot of companies are looking at the cost saving benefits of Unlicensed Mobile Access.
    04-29-08 05:21 PM
    thanks for the info guys I did get one thing fixed in windows I can now see it and grab anything or add anything I need to to the BB.
    My machine had given it a drive letter that was already in use so I just used the disk manager to rename it and bang it started working. Still no roxio but i think i am fine with out it now.
    04-29-08 05:27 PM
    Did they also spring for H@H service? I am sure a lot of companies are looking at the cost saving benefits of Unlicensed Mobile Access.
    you mean the one that allows us to use the wifi instead of minuets? If so then yeah its enabled on all the phones.
    04-29-08 05:28 PM
    That is the one, UMA service means unlimited calling and data, anywhere in the World.

I want it so badly, it should be here soon.
    04-29-08 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD